Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20950 Discussions

Intel Arc Control prompts [Resizable BAR general-not-supported]

HanGeng
Beginner

Although [Resizable BAR] and [Above 4G Decoding] are actually enabled in the BIOS,Intel Arc Control prompts [Resizable BAR general-not-supported] and [Automatic system support detection is not available]

I have written to ask the motherboard manufacturer and followed the steps given to try to correct the anomaly, After reinstalling the latest BIOS,the problem remains unsolved

I have sent feedback on this forum before, but for some unknown reason, I do not seem to have the right to reply to anyone. When I log on to the forum and click the reply button, the web page is only refrefied, and the post reply button is also prohibited. Even if I reply by email, the email will be returned

I've attached a few screenshots and a system message log below that I hope will be helpful

MSI SnapShot.jpgMSI Center Screenshot.jpegIntel Arc Control Screenshot.jpgIntel Driver and Support Assistant Screenshot.jpegBIOS Update 2023-03-15.png

Screenshot_20230315_151439.jpg

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello HanGeng

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the Resizable BAR status for your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics.

This is a known issue that we are currently working on to come up with a solution. The issue is just aesthetic and you can verify the status with third-party software like GPU-Z. You can also, try the following workaround for AMD systems:

1. Boot into BIOS.
  2. Disable 'Above 4G Decoding' and 'Resizable BAR support' options.
  3. Disable 'Secure Virtual Machine' (SVM) option.
  4. Save and Exit.
  5. Restart the computer.
  6. Boot into BIOS.
  7. Re-enable 'Above 4G Decoding' and 'Resizable BAR support'
  8. Save and Exit.
  9. Restart the computer.
  10. Boot into Windows and verify if Arc Control reports Resizable BAR as supported.

I will be sending the information through a private message to the email registered to your profile in case you cannot reply in this forum.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Thejas_M_K
Beginner

I have the same problem in my MSI Thin GF63 004IN Laptop.I have followed the workaround still not showing rebar support in arc control and mine is intel CPU not AMD.

20231013_210846.jpg

20231013_205446.jpg

20231013_205542.jpg

0 Kudos
JazzyJazzj
Beginner

Resizable Bar Disabled Intel 770, Says Unsupported Device. Alienware M18, i9-13900HX.

GPUZ.gifGPUZ1.gif

  

All conditions are satisfied. GPU-Z simply says Unsupported Device.

How do I Enable it?

I have this problem too (0)

• Responses(0)

0 Kudos