Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21028 Discussions

Intel Arc Control

Redtash1
Novice

I have an Intel I9-12900k and Sparkle A770 GPU. To use Fooocus you have to disable IGPU so it will use A770 GPU which works fine but when I disable the IGPU the Intel Arc Control in performance tuning the fan speed control option completely disappears and changes my custom fan curve and also changes the GPU Temperature limit. As you can see in attached pictures, where you select the different GPU's, when both are enabled fan option is available but when IGPU is disabled the fan curve option completely disappears. Thank you.

10 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Redtash1,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please generate an SSU report to help me further analyze important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article; How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

We look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Redtash1
Novice

Here is the SSU report. Thank you.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Redtash1,

Thank you so much for the quick response and for providing us with your SSU.

I will raise the case with our engineers for further guidance, and I will provide you with an update as soon as I have their response.

Thank you so much for your patience.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Redtash1
Novice
0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Redtash1,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

In regards on your concern, we suggest that rather than disabling the integrated GPU, you may have the option to drive the application to utilize the Arc graphics card. This can be achieved by navigating to the Graphics Settings in Windows.

This approach allows for more control over the graphics performance preferences.

You may check our How To Set the Default GPU for Applications and Games for your reference.

In addition, for additional information, may we know how did you disable the igpu?

By the way, if you have any questions please let me know.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Redtash1
Novice

I tried your recommendation but Fooocus doesn't have an .exe, it is a fork of a fork from Stable Diffusion, so you copy the files to your computer and use a .bat file to run it through Python which does have .exe. I set all Python.exe files to use my Intel Arc A770 as the GPU to use. I ran Fooocus but it still used the IGPU, so unfortunately that recommendation isn't going to work. Thank you. 

ACarmona_Intel

Hello Redtash1,

Thank you for trying out the recommendation that we have provided you.

Since it is not applicable, I will raise the case again with our engineers to further analyze the issue and provide you with other recommendations if there is one that is applicable.

Again, thank you so much for your patience.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Redtash1,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

We wanted to inform you that we have replicated the issue with fan curve disappearing when iGfx is disabled, and the good news is that on the upcoming software update, the issue is already resolved, so please be patient. No ETA can be provided, but it should be soon.

To summarize, the solution will be with our next release drivers. And I'll let you know once it is already available.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Redtash1,

Thank you so much for the quick response.

Again, once the new driver is available, I'll immediately let you know.

Thank you for your understanding, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos