Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21078 Discussions

Intel Arc drivers breaks the sound on my system(.4953) then system restores the previous driver.

Yelaman
Novice

Hello dear developers, currently i'm having some problems with the sound.

After installing new drivers for ARC GPU (.4953) it installs correctly, but after several reboots, sound breaks and previous ARC driver is restored. Very strange behaviour, maybe someone also having this issue, not sure if it's expected. + for some reason it restores not the latest driver but the one with 27.07.2023 date. Any suggestions.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Yelaman

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

I would like to make sure something that is not clear, is the issue happening once you update to the driver 4593, or is the audio issue happening right after the driver is rolled back to a previous version?

If there is any type of driver conflict, I would advise that you use Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall your current driver regardless of the version, once uninstalled reinstall the latest version 31.0.101.4593.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Yelaman
Novice

Hello @Hugo_Intel,

The issue with sound breaking happens after my driver rools back to the older version.

When I update to .4953, sound works fine, but then after couple of restarts(1 or 2), it rolls back to the older version, and sound is not working anymore. As you can see from the screenshot provided below, it's currently .4577(Rolled back again), and sound is not working.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Yelaman

Thank you for the information. In this case, the issue seems to come from Windows which automatically rolls back the driver to an older version, so if you already tried reinstalling the driver using Display Driver Uninstaller, let's try the following:

• Open Device Manager  
  • Go to display adapters > Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics 
  • Double click on Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics
  • Go to the Driver Tab > Update driver  
  • Go to Browse my computer for drivers  
  • Go to Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer  
  • Double-click on the first option that appears, but make sure it is not the Microsoft Basic Display, it should be from Intel.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Yelaman

I shared steps in our previous post to update the driver through the device manager and prevent Windows from rolling back to a previous version. Please let us know if the fix helped or if the driver still rolls back and causes audio issues.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Yelaman
Novice

Hello @Hugo_Intel 

Thanks for the help, and sorry for the long response, I tried to update the drivers, and it seems to update it to the latest version(.4972) as you can see from the device manager. Problems with the sound is fixed and I did not encounter it since, but Arc control still shows that the installed driver is (.4577). So I think issue is in Arc control itself, not the drivers. 

Best regards.

Edit: I checked Intel UHD graphics drivers and they are indeed (.4577) version. Maybe Arc Control shows only UHD graphics drivers not the Arc graphics? I think it's still strange behaviour...

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Yelaman

In that case, as you mentioned, it could be due to the UHD graphics driver that Arc Control detects a different version. You can try the same process to update the driver through device manager, cause both drivers should be the same. Once both drivers are installed and if Arc Control detects the driver as expected you should be able to update through the installer for future drivers without the need to use device manager again.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Yelaman
Novice

Hello @Hugo_Intel 

Thanks for the help, I think this is that problem that existed before, when windows updates just deletes the current driver, and installs some old driver(.4577 in my case)

I heard about this issue from recent Gamers Nexus video, when he mentioned that this bug is fixed, but I think it's still present...

either way, I will try to reinstall everything again.

Also, the sound had broken again🙄

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Yelaman

What I would suggest is that you repeat the same steps we have advised one more time but let's do them in order;

• Use DDU to uninstall the current driver
  • Install the latest driver version 31.0.101.4972
  • Wait for Windows to roll back the drier to version 4577
  • Do the process to update the driver through Device Manager for bot Arc and UHD graphics.

If the issue continues to happen after the above steps another suggestion would be to disable your iGPU(UHD Graphics) to check if Windows rolls back the driver when only using the Arc GPU you can disable it through your BIOS or through device manager as well.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Yelaman

I wanted to check if you have been able to perform the troubleshooting steps I shared in our previous post. Let us know the outcome and if this issue is still happening on your system.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Yelaman
Novice

Hello @Hugo_Intel 

Since then I changed my motherboards to Maxsun b760m d4, and on that motherboard I never encountered this porblem.

But i tried your steps on the previous motherboard, and I think it fixed the issue.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Yelaman

Thank you for the updates. It is good to know the audio problem is not happening on your new motherboard and was also resolved on the old one I know this type of audio issue can be annoying when gaming on when watching videos or movies.

We will now close the thread since the issue is resolved, in case you experience any other type of problem feel free to open a new topic so we can assist.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos