Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20709 Discussions

Intel Arc in Life is Strange

Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi Developers,

When I am playing Life is Strange I , when I enabled MSAA no matter the level is (x2,x4,x8) The figures in the game become transparent and twisted.

Thanks,

Bill Ge

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

Thank you for your patience on this matter. We appreciate your efforts in reporting this issue to us. We would like to let you know that we have in place our latest internal driver build, which means it should be merged with the public driver release very soon. Unfortunately, we cannot provide an estimated time for this, but rest assured that it will be available soon. You can take a look at the video attached for our test. 

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Some screenshots are attatched. and The problem persists with the latest driver of 4952 and windows 23H2

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

Thank you for the information provided, we can see that there is a graphical error when enabling MSAA anti-aliasing in Life is Strange.

We would like to further look into this matter, but first, we want to know if you have been able to update the Operating System and install the new driver after running the  Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). Remember that previous driver files and leftovers can affect the functionality of your system, and the DDU tool will eliminate all the previous driver installation files. In case you have, we would like to ask you for an updated system report.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi Jean,

The screenshot I get is based on my new driver(installed by DDU) and OS. Just updated them this morning. Updated SSU is attatched.

Thanks,

Bill Ge

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

We would be more than happy to further look into this matter; however, we would like to ask for a few more details. They will help us in case we need to update or replicate the issue:

• Does the graphical issue occur in a specific game stage or mode?
  • What game distribution service do you use to install the game? (Steam, Epic, Microsoft Store)
  • What is the exact game setting you are using? If possible, provide us with screenshots of the game's graphics settings. We understand that you use the MSAA feature, but we would like to know the resolution and graphics quality.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi Jean,

I think the graphical issue occurs through the entire chapter 1 but I haven't checked other chapters yet.

I use the steam distribution to install the game.

The screenshot of setting is attached and the only thing that needs to be done to fix the issue is disabling MSAA.

Thanks,

Bill Ge

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

Thank you for the information provided. We would like to let you know that there is a new driver version available. So we would like to ask you to update the graphics driver to version 31.0.101.4953. Let us know if the issue remains.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi Jean,

I think the problem persists and updated SSU is attatched.

Thanks,

Bill Ge

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

Thank you for testing the new driver. Since the issue remains, we will proceed to look into this matter internally. Allow us some time to research this issue internally, and we will post back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

Thank you for your patience. We are jumping in your thread to let you know that we will proceed to test the game internally; however, we would like to confirm if you are experiencing the issue with the Life is Strange normal version, or the remastered option available in Steam.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi Jean,

I am playing the normal version.

Thanks,

Bill Ge

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

Thank you for the information. We will continue to research this matter internally, and we will post back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

We are joining your thread to let you know that we are still conducting internal investigations regarding the Life is Strange issue. Although there aren't any developments at this time, you can be certain that we are investigating the situation. 

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

We would like to inform you that we have successfully replicated the issue you reported within our internal system. Our team is now conducting a thorough investigation to find a solution to the matter. We understand that you may be eagerly waiting for a resolution, however, we cannot provide an estimated time of completion at this moment. Nevertheless, be assured that we are making progress and will update you as soon as we have more information. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

Thank you for your patience on this matter. We appreciate your efforts in reporting this issue to us. We would like to let you know that we have in place our latest internal driver build, which means it should be merged with the public driver release very soon. Unfortunately, we cannot provide an estimated time for this, but rest assured that it will be available soon. You can take a look at the video attached for our test. 

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

Thank you for waiting for an update on this matter. We would like to invite you to restest the game with our latest driver, 31.0.101.5186, which should fix the problem. Let us know whether or not the issue remains.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi Jean,

I have tested it with the latest driver and it seems the problem is fixed at least for the first chapter. I haven't keep on playing since then.

Thanks,

Bill Ge

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

Happy to hear that the issue is fixed, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
elias_test
Employee

Test

0 Kudos