Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Intel Beta DCH driver 27.20.100.9077 - Installer fails to install, causes massive memory leak

locutusx
Novice

I'm posting this to report that the current Intel Beta DCH driver 27.20.100.9077 has MAJOR issues.

It looks like 2 other people on this community have already noticed the same thing as me, but Intel has done nothing.

Basically when you click the installer EXE, it shows the Intel Installer background art, but the mouse icon is in a "busy" status - and it stays like that FOREVER.

This leads to 100% cpu usage due to the Installer, and the laptop fans will start to run at 100% speed. If  you look at Windows Task Manager there is a MAJOR memory leak, and after 5 minutes, my laptop was at 8GB memory used by the Intel Installer.EXE !!!

2 other people already posted about this:

1. https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Unable-to-install-latest-Beta-DCH-driver/m-p/1236879#M92389

2. https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Can-t-open-beta-DCH-graphics-drivers/m-p/1236588#M92348

When will Intel fix this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello,

Thank you very much for reporting this.

The BETA versions from Intel are prototypes and may be unstable, so the feedback is really important to improve this in future releases.

Can you please provide the below details?

• Are you experiencing any graphics issues with driver version 27.20.100.9030? What is your goal to install the BETA driver?
  • Provide us with screenshots of the task manager.

Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Note: To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hi locutusx,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos