Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Intel Control Panel overrides Windows calibration settings

OO
Beginner

Hello,

I'm using a laptop with HD 520 and it is fine hooking up to 2 monitors at the same time (HDMI and DP). The problem is that I need gamma calibration, and I use Windows 10 calibration tool (mentioned here many times). It was said that the latest Intel Graphics Control Panel settings do not have gamma b/c we have this standard tool.

1) CRUCIAL: The problem is that whatever I set with Windows calibration tool (gamma!!!) is not saved and reset every time the laptop goes to standby or unplugged from the monitors.

2) Another question, I'm using 4 different external monitors (2 at work and 2 at home) and would like to save a separate calibration for each of them. How to save it and MAKE IT STAY?

Please help me to resolve this. Again, one monitor has no problem with brightness contrast but gamma is being reset every time to the levels that I'm unable to see the streets on google maps (light gray vs darker gray vs white).

Thanks!

Olga

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello jerkyfox,

I understand that you are having problems with the color calibration.

Regarding this, I would like to start by gathering more information of the situation, as well as more information of the system. Please provide me with all of the information requested in the thread below:

/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

Post the information in this thread so we can continue to assist you, this way I can also attempt to replicate this.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
OO
Beginner

Thank you! Here's the file attached that your software collected.

Please let me know if anything is missing.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello jerkyfox,

Thank you for your response.

After analyzing the information you have provided me I can see that everything seems to be in order. Up to this point, what I can recommend you to do is to contact either the manufacturer of your computer or Microsoft* to see why the Gamma tool is not saving it and keeping it even after a reboot.

Regarding our tool, that is correct, we no longer have the ability to change the gamma with the graphics properties due to having access to the gamma and color calibration tool of Windows*, that is why we recommend you to either contact the manufacturer or Microsoft*.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello jerkyfox,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

Were you able to contact Microsoft* to discuss about the color calibration?

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos