Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Intel DSA Setup

cristian-s
Beginner

I'm trying to update my Intel Driver & Support Assistant but seconds in, it tells me that there is another installation in progress. But there seems to be none occurring, and I can't update it unless this other "installation" is done or gone. Before it didn't show that but instead it would just stay stuck on installing, halfway through.Screenshot (2).png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_Intel

Hello cristian-s,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. I will be glad to assist you.

Please try uninstalling IDSA using the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller, restart the system and then try re-installing IDSA (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html).

Let me know if the issue persists.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It is possible that Windows Update is installing (or has installed) an update and a reboot is needed before any other installation an complete.

...S

0 Kudos
cristian-s
Beginner

I restarted my laptop and opened Intel DSA again. Now it says the installation is in progress, but it has been stuck in the middle for most of the day. 

Screenshot (6).png

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello cristian-s,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. I will be glad to assist you.

Please try uninstalling IDSA using the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller, restart the system and then try re-installing IDSA (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html).

Let me know if the issue persists.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos