Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Intel DSA setup failed

dtrum2
Beginner

this is on my laptop which has a i3 2330m and is toshiba model

it has 8gb or ram and a ssd

7 Replies
JStua1
Beginner

I am also experiencing this same issue with my Razer Blade 15.

0 Kudos
JStua1
Beginner

i just re downloaded the program and it has changed from 3.6.1 to 3.7. I am not sure what that was about but it allowed me to install and update. Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello dtrum2, Thank you for patience and for joining our Intel® community, it will be more than a pleasure to assist you. I noticed that you are experiencing issues with our Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. In this case, please go ahead and uninstall the version that is currently installed in your system, and ten give a try to the new Version: 3.7.0.6 (Latest), found here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant?product=128824 I hope this helps, please let us know the outcome. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
PGouv1
Beginner

Hi Diego, I have the same problem on my Lenovo Yoga 720 and the problem persists with the new version 3.7.0.6 - error on uninstalling Intel Computing Improvement Program.

Pedro

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello PGouv1, Thank you for posting in our Intel® community. Please try to find Intel ®Computing Improvement Program in the Control Panel > programs and uninstall it. After uninstalling the file and everything is deleted from the before mentioned folder, its services are not running anymore and the error messages won't appear. After that, please go ahead and try to install the version shared on my post above. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
PGouv1
Beginner

Hello Diego,

I already had uninstalled the Intel ®Computing Improvement Program, it isn't listed on the Control Panel/Programs anymore. In fact I tried to install it again but also with no luck because it says that there is a newer version already installed.

When I install the latest Intel DSA version from your link above I keep stuck on the same error - see image.

I see this error happen at least to 3 other users on the forum but the resolution is always with private messages. Intel should take this as a generic problem, not specific to a user/machine.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Regards,

Pedro

0 Kudos
PGouv1
Beginner

Hello Diego,

After going back and forward with installing and uninstalling the Intel DSA and the other related tools, I finally managed to install the latest Intel DSA version (3.7.0.6).

For posterity and to share with other forum users that might have the same situation, I downloaded the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28181/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller, run it, reboot the system and then I was able to install the latest Intel DSA version without errors and it's again fully functional.

Regards,

Pedro

0 Kudos