Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20501 Discussions

Intel Display Driver support issue

CChow5
Beginner

I have one problem using the latest Intel EMGD driver for my instrument. Whenever I plug in an external VGA monitor after my instrument booted, I do not see any display on the monitor screen but if the VGA cable is already connected prior to booting, the display shows up as expected. Is it something wrong with the driver?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee
Hello CChow5, In order to have more information about your system please provide me with the following information: 1. What is your processor model? 2. Which Operating System are you using? 3. What is your motherboard model? 4. Which is the driver version installed? If you are not able to get this information easily, please provide me with the dxdiag report. To extract the dxdiag.txt, follow the steps below: 1. From the Windows desktop, press the Windows and R keys to open the Run window. 2. In the Open: field of the Run window, type dxdiag. Click OK or the Enter key to open the DirectX* Diagnostic Tool. If prompted to check if your drivers are digitally signed, click Yes. 3. In the DirectX* Diagnostic Tool window, choose Save All Information. 4. In the Save As window, the DirectX* information is saved as a text (.TXT) file. Choose the Desktop or another easily accessible location to save your file, and then click Save. 5. You can attach the file in the next post. Regards, Abigail G Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
CChow5
Beginner
Hi Abigail, Here’s the info that you need. 1. What is your processor model? My processor model is Intel Atom E3815 (Baytrail), 1.46 GHz. 1. Which Operating System are you using? I am using a Windows Embedded Compact 7 first released in 2011. 3. What is your motherboard model? I am not using a regular motherboard. It is actually an instrument developed by Keysight using the embedded Atom E3815 CPU as the processing core. 4. Which is the driver version installed? 36.16.5 (Intel_BYT_WEC7_EMGD_V36.16.5_MR5_3155) rgds, Chun Hoe
0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee
Hello CChow5, I was checking the information provided, and since you are using an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) product, I would suggest getting in contact with Keysight support for further information about the Operating system and motherboard settings/customization that they have set, because this issue seems to be related to the system integration. You can visit the following link for Keysight support: https://www.keysight.com/main/support.jspx?cc=CR&lc=eng&cmpid=zzkeysupport Regards, Abigail G Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
CChow5
Beginner
Hi Abigail, Has Intel tested the scenario (video cable plugged in after board booted OS) using the 36.16.5 driver? Why do you think it has something to do with system integration and what are the motherboard settings/customization that you propose we can set? Thanks. rgds, Chun Hoe
0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee
Hello CChow5, The reason to recommend you visiting the support website of the device manufacturer and looking for further support with them is that they can provide you with more recommendations since they could add/remove features according to the parts needs and how they wanted the device to work at the time they built this one. What we can offer you for this processor and graphics adapter is the generic drivers listed in the following link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/78476/Intel-Atom-Processor-E3815-512K-Cache-1-46-GHz- I would suggest checking with them if there is any customized driver that they can provide you to get VGA port on the motherboard working as desire with your graphics adapter. Regards, Abigail G Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
CChow5
Beginner
Hi Abigail, We are part of the group in Keysight that develops the new instrument and using the driver that Intel provides. There is no other Keysight support we can ask. Since we are merely the user of the Intel driver, we do not have the details on how it works, that is the reason we are getting back to Intel. I have checked in the previous product using Intel Atom Z510 (also based on Windows Embedded Compact 7), the external VGA works fine. I hope Intel can help us on this as this is gating our new product manufacturing. rgds, Chun Hoe
0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee
Hello CChow5, Thank you for the information provided. We will review the information provided to address this issue. As soon as we have any update on this issue/inquiry, we will post it on this thread. Regards, Abigail G Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee
Hello CChow5, You mentioned before that you are part of a developer group, based on this information we recommend you to submit a support ticket in the Intel® Developer Zone, visiting the following link: https://software.intel.com/en-us/home Also, since this is an embedded processor we recommend you to get in contact with the support for Resource & Design Center - Technical Resources for Designers, Engineers, and Developers, please check the link below: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/resource-design-center.html Another recommended option is to get in touch with your Intel® Authorized Distributor and request support from a Field Application Engineer (FAE). Regards, Abigail G Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
CChow5
Beginner
Hi Abigail, Can I request support from an Intel FAE directly? Rgds, Chun Hoe
0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee
Hello CChow5, Your company's Purchasing Department will normally have your Intel representative's contact information. If you do not have a contact, you may want to speak with a Field Application Engineer from a local distributor to see whether they are able to help. The only way to get in contact with the Field Application Engineer is through the authorized distributor. A list of Intel(R) Authorized Distributors can be found here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html Regards, Abigail G Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos