Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Intel Driver & Support Assistant resulting in an endless scan?

Monique_Intel

FINAL UPDATE: December 11, 9:50a PST
IDSA appears to be working for the majority of users now.  If you are still having issues running the IDSA scan, please open a new thread for assistance.

Thank you,
Monique with Intel Corporation

20 Replies
Desertdweller
Beginner

I am having this problem of the endless scan. First noticed it today, November 17, 2020. Never had a problem before this. Log files from C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA on my computer are attached as zip files.

0 Kudos
Monique_Intel

@Desertdweller   Thank you for providing your logs.  I've sent them to our developers to help with our investigation on this particular issue.

0 Kudos
SJack2
New Contributor II

Here are some more log files from another machine exhibiting the same.

DSA was uninstalled, uninstalled with the uninstall tool, reinstalled, different browsers tried.

0 Kudos
gktka1
Novice

I tried different browsers, uninstalled and reinstalled DSA, used uninstaller and reinstalled DSA. Windows 10 20H2 is up to date. I tried with or without VPN, antivirus, ad block and so on. My work computer is similar to my private laptop. There I've had a few updates through DSA since it stopped working for me here. I hope you can find a solution with the attached logs. Thank you.

vitus
Beginner

I'm also experiencing an endless scan with IDSA. I've attached the logs from my IDSA I hope it helps in resolving this issue.

0 Kudos
Monique_Intel

@devnullius  @vitus  @gktka1  @SJack2 @Desertdweller  

This is Monique with Intel.  We are releasing a new version of IDSA today that has a fix for the endless scan issue previously reported.  However there is a completely unrelated issue with our Intel Download Center servers that is impacting IDSA as well as other Download Center pages.  This has has been escalated internally and we are waiting for a fix.

Thanks for your patience,

SJack2
New Contributor II

Yes, thank you, this new version has broken a previously working machine.

Aubrey71
Novice

I too am experiencing this same issue.  Are you still needing the log files, as this has just started occurring on machines here in the past few days or so?  Before, this has always worked flawlessly.

Alex_Pax
Beginner

Reinstall didn't help. Old versions works fine.

Here is logs.

0 Kudos
Raguiar
New Contributor I

Also having the same issue ( installing 4 new NUC8BEH, 3 are ok the 4th ran into this issue).  Replying to keep track for a solution.

Monique_Intel

@Raguiar  @Alex_Pax  @Aubrey71  @SJack2  @devnullius @Desertdweller @gktka1 @vitus 

Thank you for your patience.  IDSA should be working for most users now.  If you are still experiencing an endless scan loop or red banner error message, please wait a few hours and try again.  It could take 24 hours for the propagation to complete globally.

Regards,

Desertdweller
Beginner
0 Kudos
SJack2
New Contributor II

Can add to the positive reports, thank you. All up to date build 8935 on Gen7

0 Kudos
Aubrey71
Novice

Thank you for the response and attention @Monique_Intel ,

I have verified that everything is functioning correctly now.

I appreciate the help.

0 Kudos
Raguiar
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
devnullius
New Contributor I

I installed the new installer (4MB instead of 2MB) but the scan tool still hangs for me.

0 Kudos
devnullius
New Contributor I

Still not working from the EU. See attachment 😞

PS: in case it matters: Re: Re:Intel Corporation - Display - 27.20.100.8681 video randomly won't start to play until I reboot - Intel Community

0 Kudos
devnullius
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
Monique_Intel

@devnullius  I saw your other thread regarding the issues with your video & the graphics driver.   If you are still having issues with the IDSA scan itself, the Intel agent can assist.  I will be closing this thread as the endless scan issue seems to be resolved for most users.

Thanks,

0 Kudos