Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant: something went wrong while trying to scan

bat1
Beginner

Problem:  Unable to update drivers

SW Version: 21.2.13.9

intel_driverassistant.jpg

Steps taken:

- Uninstalled with DSAUninstaller

- Deleted Cache

- Verified if the application was being blocked by AV or firewall system

- Re-installed version 21.2.13.9 & rebooted

- Different network connections tested

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello bat1,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Was Intel® Driver & Support Assistant working before? If so, did the issue start after a system update or change?

3. Which browser are you using?

4. Have you run all the Windows updates, including optional?

5. Share logs from Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.

- IDSA files zipped from C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA\Logs (not just .log files.... all the files in the folder)

- IDSA files zipped from C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA\Data (NOTE: the ProgramData folder may be hidden, File Explorer > View > Show/Hide: check the box for Hidden Items)

- Steps: copy files>desktop>paste>send to> ZIP.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
bat1
Beginner

Hi Deivid, I was using Brave as my browser, changed it to Edge and it worked perfectly fine. Thanks for your help, have a good one

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello bat1, 

Thank you so much for letting me know about how you resolved the issue, I am glad to know that the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant is now working properly in your system.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos