Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant wrong information?

albertp
Novice

I have an Intel® Pentium® CPU G3240 @ 3.10GHz. I wanted to see if there was an update for the driver so I downloaded the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. When I used it, it detected my processor as Intel® Pentium® CPU G3240 @ 3.10GHz and showed the driver I could download.

driver assistant.png

The problem is it shows Intel® Graphics Driver for Braswell, 4th and 5th generations.

But in the products page for the same processor shows

This one shows HaswellThis one shows Haswell

Is there no difference between Braswell and Haswell?

I don't know what to do, should I just download it, as the Driver & Support Assistant says or did it give me the wrong option? What should I do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello albertp

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I know it is important for you to get your drivers updated, I will be glad to answer your questions about this download from Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (IDSA)

The download package from IDSA includes 3 families of processors most of them discontinued:

The driver is compatible with the 3 families of processors including your Intel® Pentium® Processor G3240, the description on IDSA does not mean the processor was identified as Braswell, this is only the generic name to indicate the driver is valid for either generation.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello albertp

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I know it is important for you to get your drivers updated, I will be glad to answer your questions about this download from Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (IDSA)

The download package from IDSA includes 3 families of processors most of them discontinued:

The driver is compatible with the 3 families of processors including your Intel® Pentium® Processor G3240, the description on IDSA does not mean the processor was identified as Braswell, this is only the generic name to indicate the driver is valid for either generation.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello albertp

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you have further questions.

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello albertp

I see that you marked this thread as resolved and we are glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos