Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21223 Discussions

Intel Driver and Support Assistant, Automatic Upgrade error

Leen01
Beginner

I've never had any problems with the Driver and Support Assistant, but now I get a "Automatic update failed" Windows notification. I am running the latest version. And everything seems to be OK: My system is detected, I can scan my system, and there are no supported driver or software updates available for my system.

I have the latest version installed (23.1.9.7), but still that notification keeps popping up. What could be wrong?

Leen01_0-1682364943722.png

By the way, I find it odd that there isn't a separate subforum for Software. People post questions about DSA in different irrelevant subforums.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AlHill
Super User

"By the way, I find it odd that there isn't a separate subforum for Software. People post questions about DSA in different irrelevant subforums."

That is by design.  If there were a dedicated forum, then people would see how bad the situation with IDSA really is.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Leen01
Beginner

It has never been bad for me before this last version.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Leen01,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. I am sorry to hear that you are having error messages with your Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA), I will be happy to help you.  

To have a better understanding of the situation, please answer the following questions: 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Leen01
Beginner

This issue does happen when doing nothing.

Attached is the report.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Leen01,

Thank you for your response, and all the information provided.

To continue with the troubleshooting please answer the following questions, and let us know the results: 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Leen01
Beginner

Hello Andres,

I have done this already multiple times... unfortunately that doesn't change anything...

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Leen01,

Thank you for your answer, all the information provided has been really helpful.

I will start with an investigation to provide you with more troubleshooting steps. I will provide you with more details as soon as possible

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Leen01,

We have been working on the investigation, please follow the steps below and let me know the results:

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Leen01
Beginner

Hello Andres,

After carrying out the first two steps, the problem still persists.

Attached the log files. One of the three folders was empty, so that one was not added to the zip file.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Leen01,

Thank you for your response, it has been really helpful.

I will continue with the investigation, and I will let you know the next steps as soon as possible

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Leen01,

We appreciate your patience.

After investigating this matter, we guess that there was some system change (maybe a software application) that corrupted the Intel® DSA install data in the registry. Our Intel® DSA update process currently relies on that data being correct. We want to confirm if you have followed the steps we shared in the article "How Do I Resolve Upgrade Issues with Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)?". We suspect that option three should have corrected the problem.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Leen01,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Leen01,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos