Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel Driver and Support Assistant Error Message "No Configuration Data"

Robb697
Beginner

Hello all, Got a quick,possibly dumb question. I just installed the Intel Driver and support assistant early this morning. Problem is when I start the program it scans my system to check for driver updates for about 10 to 15 seconds then gives an error message that reads "No Configuration Data" and under that it say's "There was no internet available during program startup". Am I missing something or is my system too old? It's an older desktop running Windows 7 Ultimate.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Robb697

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA). I will be glad to assist you.

Your operating system is compatible with Intel® DSA, so could you please confirm that you have a good working internet connection, either through Wi-Fi or Ethernet?

As well, please uninstall Intel® DSA using the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19333/intel-driver-support-assistant-uninstaller.html?v=t) and then re-install it from this link https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

Let me know of the outcome.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Robb697
Beginner

Hello, I downloaded and ran the DSA uninstaller then downloaded and installed the new DSA as recommended. Now when I open the program it goes to the Intel site (via firefox) and scans my system for about 15 seconds then a message appears that says " Installing a new version of Intel driver and support assistant, Please wait" After about 35 minutes I get the same message as before, No Configuration Data. I uninstalled and installed a second time with no change.My internet IS working so I don't understand what is wrong. Thank You for your time!

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for the information provided.

I would like to investigate further about this. In order to do so, please provide the following information:

• Do you have Firefox (and any browser used to open Intel DSA) updated to the latest version? If not, make sure you do.
  • Provide a screen capture showing the error message(s) on Intel DSA.
  • Do you have Ad Blocker or Anti-Spyware from an Anti-Virus software enabled?

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We would like to know if you were you able to check the previous post.

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
MaxPw
Beginner

Hi Steven, I am facing the very same issue as the author of this thread. I also tried reinstalling the Driver Update tool without success (also when using the removal tool).

My browser is up to date and no ad blockers are active.

However, what I found out is that the windows event viewer shows event ID 36887 (Schannel Code 20) when I try to perform a system check with the update tool. Is it possible that the Update tool still tries to work with an old TLS protocol?

0 Kudos
bbqbrisket
Beginner

I am havin the EXACT same issue with the EXACT same messges when trying to run the program.

I hope someone can solve the issue.

BBQ

0 Kudos
mjblecha
Beginner

I'm getting the same error.  It correlates with "Schannel error 40" in Windows Event Viewer.  After researching I find that either the application or the server it's talking to is attempting to establish a TLS 1.3 connection.

From what I can tell Win7 will support up to TLS 1.2.  There doesn't seem to be any option to patch in support for 1.3, unless it's only available to paid ESU subscribers.  Otherwise the only solution I can picture is allow for TLS 1.2 with Win7 clients.

0 Kudos
Bassthang
Beginner

Yet the page where we download the tool specifically states that it works on Win7!
I was really hoping this tool would work, because trying to find the right driver on Intel's site is like trying to win the lottery. Lots of possible drivers suggested, but none of them work.

0 Kudos