Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel Graphic Driver Win 64_15.33.49.51000 HDMI audio issues.

SMcIn5
Beginner

I use this driver in my Dell Vostro 470. I'm running an HDMI cable from the Dell to my Sony TV. Every time I try to open Windows Media Center, I lose audio at my Sony and I lose the Intel HDMI notification on my taskbar. I also lose Intel HDMI notification in my Device Manager audio section. I can regain all of this by restarting Windows. All of my other audio files play on the Sony, but not WTV files.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is your processor model number?

What version of Windows 10? 1909?

Doc

0 Kudos
SMcIn5
Beginner
Intel Core i5-3450@3.10GHz <mailto:i5-3450@3.10GHz> Windows 10 version 1909
0 Kudos
SMcIn5
Beginner
Widows 10 ver1909 Dell Vostro 470 (Intel i5-3450 @ 3.10GHz
0 Kudos
SMcIn5
Beginner
Perhaps you can help me: Recently Intel notified me regarding an upgrade driver as described below. Is this driver is currently supported by Intel? Release Version: Production Version Intel(R) Graphics Driver: 10.18.10.5129 Intel Display Audio Driver: 6.16.00.3154 Build Date: January 21, 2020 Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows* 7-64 Microsoft Windows* 8.1-64 Microsoft Windows* 10-64 Platforms: 3rd generation Intel Core(TM) processor family (Codename Ivy Bridge) Thank you, Stan
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello SMcIn5

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We would like to inform you that due to the Intel® HD Graphics 2500 and Intel® Core™ i5-3450 Processor have been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html 

You can verify this product's discontinuance status at http://ark.intel.com/ > Product Status > "Discontinued". 

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
SMcIn5
Beginner
Andrew G, Thanks for replying to my inquiry. If I understand you correctly, the Intel Graphic Driver Win 64_15.33.49.51000 has been discontinued. But I'm still able to download and install it from and Intel website using Intel's installation tool. Are you saying that Intel® HD Graphics 2500 and Intel® Core™ i5-3450 Processor, while once compatible, are no longer compatible? Would they be compatible in Windows 7? Also, since I have the driver installed, are you suggesting a discontinued driver be better than what I have? I guess I don't understand the situation and it has not been explained to me satisfactorily. It doesn't seem like a big deal to me that Intel doesn't have a driver that allows me HDMI audio. I'm getting video but no audio. Thanks for the your time in researching this issue, SMcIn5
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello SMcIn5

Thank you for your response.

Regarding your inquiries, we would like to inform you that Discontinued status for a product can refer to a product that is no longer available for interactive support, or no longer manufactured by Intel or both. This information can be reviewed on the Product Specifications page under "Ordering and Compliance" >> "PCN/MDDS Information"

Discontinued status is not affecting compatibility between the processor and the graphics since the Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) is part of the processor. Legacy compatibility with Windows 7 remains the same with the drivers already launched and available at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/. Also, the driver package does provide audio functionality since the package includes the Intel Display Audio Driver as it can be confirmed in the Release Notes.

What we meant by Discontinued is that both the Intel® HD Graphics 2500 and Intel® Core™ i5-3450 Processor are not eligible to receive interactive technical support.

While discontinued products are no longer supported, some self-help options may still be available for your product, for instance:

In this case, we hope fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help you with this HDMI audio issue.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
SMcIn5
Beginner
Perhaps you can help me: Recently Intel notified me regarding an upgrade driver as described below. Is this driver is currently supported by Intel? Release Version: Production Version Intel(R) Graphics Driver: 10.18.10.5129 Intel Display Audio Driver: 6.16.00.3154 Build Date: January 21, 2020 Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows* 7-64 Microsoft Windows* 8.1-64 Microsoft Windows* 10-64 Platforms: 3rd generation Intel Core(TM) processor family (Codename Ivy Bridge) Thank you, Stan
0 Kudos