Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20497 Discussions

[Intel® Graphic UHD 630] Windows 7 x64 driver missing

KD21976
Novice

As the title said i need to download the drivers for the integrated iGPU into the i7-9700k processor for my windows 7 system, is not mandatory since i have a dedicated card but i need for different purposes like when i change graphic card or move the card to another pc.

The only close drivers i found are these:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28694?v=t

but they wont work since indeed is for the last skylake and not kabylake architecture.

I'm screwed or there is a way to force such drivers into win 7 x64? Sorry if i still use this old OS but i have some hardware that isn't compatible with win 10 so i need to stay with this os atm for everything, work and some games.

Thanks you if someone or a intel engineer can help me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

I would like to take this opportunity to confirm that Intel does not support nor develops graphics drivers for 7th Generation (or newer platforms) and Windows 7 operating systems. This was done in compliance with Microsoft's support policy.

Installing a driver that is not designed for your operating system can have unforeseen repercussions including performance and instability issues, which in turn may only appear after some time (take into account that the driver code is not designed for Windows 7). To make matters worse if any issue occurs there is not going to be support from any party (i.e. Intel, Microsoft and your OEM).

Finally I can confirm that Intel does not endorse, recommends nor supports any of the suggestions provided in this thread that enables the installation of drivers on unsupported software.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

View solution in original post

25 Replies
AlHill
Super User

There are no drivers for Windows 7. Only Windows 10 is supported on your processor.

Only WIndows 10 is supported on 7th gen and later processors.

Everyone has excuses for why they need to run an unsupported Operating System. If you need Windows 7, go back to a 6th gen or earlier processor, or run a Windows 7 VM on Windows 10.

Doc

0 Kudos
KD21976
Novice

You are very rude, i have all the rights to use the hardware i buy with whatever i want, and is false that 9th gen cpu do not support win 7, there are win 7 x64 drivers for the Z370 chipset here and on the manufacturer motherboard websites, the only driver missing is the iGPU from Intel.

I need to use win 7 for work since i have old external components unsupported by win 10.

If you have nothing to add to my request do not reply, thanks.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I have not derailed your thread. I merely provided you with the correct answer. You just do not like the answer. And, your attitude will not get you a better answer.

I have not decided anything. I just posted the information. If you do not believe me, that is your choice.

Maybe you will believe this: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005526/graphics-drivers.html

Now, to help you with your lack of research, look at this:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/186604/intel-core-i7-9700k-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-90-ghz.html

You have a coffee lake processor with UHD 630 graphics. So, look in the first link with that information and you will see there is NO DRIVER for Windows 7.

Not my decision. Learn to research and ask questions first, and stop with the attitude. You made a mistake, pure and simple.

And, this is not simply an Intel decision. Microsoft actually is responsible for the decision: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4012982/the-processor-is-not-supported-together-with-the-windows-version-that

So, accept the facts and move on.

Doc

AlHill
Super User

It is not a fix, it is a HACK.

And, using that so-called "solution", you will still be unsupported. Make sure you mention you are using a hack when you have troubles in the future.

And, just to help you with your lack of information checking, Microsoft will only support Windows 7 until January 2020. Again, not my decision.

Doc

ERoy01
Beginner
0 Kudos
KD21976
Novice

Mate, i don't care if this is hack or not, neither care about support of such drivers, i need them working for my os, everything is fine as long as i achieve this and the iGPU work properly.

About win 7 support from MS, don't matter either, i have completely disabled windows updates anyway, my os is still the one as 2012, when i need an upgrade because a tool need it i install the .msu manually.

There is nothing to worry about such trivial things as support or updates or whatever as long the OS works and recognize the hardware even with a 10+ years old one. 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

In the future, do your research before you purchase the processor.

Doc

0 Kudos
KD21976
Novice

Thank you for the advice but i did my research, z370 + 9700k is supported under win7, there are drivers you can download from here and from the manufacturer website to let the chipset working under this os. All motherboard brands have the win 7 drivers.

The only driver missing is the iGPU, but thanks to the user above seems now solved.

z390 chipset do not have win 7 drivers, seems 370 is the last one to support this os, this is the reason why i choose a z370 system. That's all.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You still do not get it - Only Windows 10 is supported on 7th gen and later processors. You can talk about chipsets all you want. And, your problem is not solved. You choose to not believe the links provided.

But, have it your way.

Doc

0 Kudos
KD21976
Novice

I get what you mean BUT Intel and manufacturers release WORKING drivers to make it work under win 7 too, so in the end is still supported. 

If as support you mean no official updates from MS, well, like i care. I don't need this kind of support anyway. If you mean the iGPU there is a workaround.

As long as there are official drivers i still can use such new gen cpu and related chipset under win 7, otherwise i wouldn't have bought them.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Unbelievable. Just an an exercise, try asking your motherboard manufacturer why they do not provide a graphics driver for your board for Windows 7. Then, you can present your arguments to them.

Doc

0 Kudos
KD21976
Novice

I understand your pov, is because i ask here and i got a "unconventional" solution. I'm fine in this way too.

Anyway the cpu don't matter, is the chipset, as long as i have drivers for the chipset and other components i can install any cpu in any os.

0 Kudos
KD21976
Novice

Ok, installed everything and all work, thanks to the user who help me, appreciated, i'm also lucky that i got the stepping R0 i7-9700k.

cpu-3610.jpg

0 Kudos
Michael20
Novice

@KD21976,

Mine is:

Intel® Core™ i7-10700 Comet Lake
Intel UHD 630

Can you please post the link to your driver? Do you think it should work for me?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
KD21976
Novice

@Michael20 Nope, they do not work anymore, i simply disabled the integrated GPU and use an external gpu like a 1660 Ti in my case and it work flawlessy. If you need to use the internal gpu just buy a 1030 or 1050 Ti, they are better.

Win 7 support for inf chipsets have drivers till z370/b365, they work, with newer hardware is impossible unless you use some hacks but i never bother to check it since i'm forced to use a dedicated gpu.

If you can't stomach win 10, that i admit is a uber crappy os, use Linux Mint.

Michael20
Novice

@KD21976,

Thank you for the detailed reply. I appreciate it.

I might try Linux Mint.

KD21976
Novice

@Michael20 - Btw, i changed pc about 4 months ago, now i have a B365 motherboard + 9400F intel cpu (stepping R0),  this is 100% compatible with Windows 7 and very stable, there is not so much difference between a 10xxx cpu and a 9xxx, about 100 hz and some minor improvements, so if you want to use Win 7 you have to downgrade to a B365 or (Z370) chipset or using Linux Mint.

KD21976
Novice

*not so much difference i mean, typo.

As a B365 i have an Asrock Phantom Gaming 4.

0 Kudos
Michael20
Novice

@KD21976,

The problem is that I've already bought the i7-10700. 🙂

Your suggestion might still be useful (some trade-off). I appreciate it.

0 Kudos
KD21976
Novice

@Michael20 In that case there is a mod that a user created on a private forum to solve the usb 3 issue, i do not knwo if i can link it here but you should check on google the words "HM370 windows 7 mod", a win-raid forum, this mod work both for laptops HMxxx and the new Z/Bxxx chipsets. I do not have the hardware atm to check such mods these mods but from huge discussion over there they work pretty well.

Long life to Win 7. 🙂