Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel Graphics Command Center - Combined Desktop Option Missing

PhilippeBNE
Novice

Hello,

I have set up a system with the Intel Iris Xe Graphics and connected 3 displays.

It shows up the 3 displays expanded with no issues, but I was looking to combine into one.

The IGCC just isn't showing up with the Combined Desktop button anywhere. The last setting in the General tab is "Rotation". It usually shows it underneath that one.

I have tried it with IoT LTSC 2019, IoT LTSC 2021 and Win10 Pro. All are latest builds and clean installations with latest updates.

Please see attached logs for system diagnostic logs and screen shots of the 3 displays.

Hopefully someone can shed some light as to the cause? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

PhilippeBNE, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, first, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system in order for us to provide the most accurate assistance:

What is the model of the laptop?

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Was the option of "Combined Desktop" available on this same machine before?

If that is the case, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
PhilippeBNE
Novice

Hi Alberto,

Thanks for your reply. Please see my responses below to your questions..

What is the model of the laptop?

This is a brand new Zotac CI665 mini PC.

https://www.zotac.com/hk/product/mini_pcs/zbox-ci665-nano-barebone

Is this a new computer?

Yes

When did you purchase it?

I work for a digital signage hardware supplier and am testing this on behalf of our client.

Was the option of "Combined Desktop" available on this same machine before?

No, regardless of the OS tried. As stated earlier, tried IoT LTSC 2019, IoT LTSC 2021 and Win10 Pro. All with latest builds and clean installations with latest updates

If that is the case, when did the issue start?

N/A

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

This is a newly built machine, have tried different units and RAM and SSD as well with no difference.

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Work environment

Please also see attched SSU report.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi PhilippeBNE, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Based on the information shown in the SSU document, we can confirm that the graphics driver version currently installed is 30.0.101.1191, provided by Intel®:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html?

Just to let you know, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform. The Intel® drivers are generic and they might or might not work with your system.

I looked in Zotac's website and the graphics driver version they have available is version 30.0.100.9836. Just to be clear, installing that driver does not mean that this problem will get fixed, is just the driver that we recommend for you to use. Still, for testing purposes, you can always try to test it and then verify if the option for combined desktop gets enabled that way:

https://www.zotac.com/hk/files/download/by_product?p_nid=1043481&driver_type=All&os=All

In the following links, you will find further details about the "Combined Desktop Option" where you will be able to confirm that in some cases it will just not be functional. Still, Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics is listed as supported:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000088946/graphics.html

"Frequently Asked Questions for Collage Display Mode", here you will find the steps that you need to follow in order to configure it:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006547/graphics.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
PhilippeBNE
Novice

Hi Albert,

I did initially try the drivers provided from Zotac with the same results, hence why I tried updated drivers from Intel.

I have had a look at all those links and didn't find anything similar to what I am experiencing.

All 3 displays are working and supported, it just does not have the option showing at all for Combined Desktop in the IGCC menu.

If looking at this guide:-

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/graphics/IGCC_Collage_UserGuide.pdf

Attached Combined.PNG

Figure 7: IGCC UI Vertical Combined Desktop Display Mode 3 enabled

I outlined in RED the option that should be there. If you see the original screen shots I sent through, it is not there at all.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi PhilippeBNE, Thank you very much for letting us know those details.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello PhilippeBNE, I just received an update on this matter.

While we are still working on this case, we just wanted to confirm a few details:

Which video ports are you using?

How are you connecting the displays to the computer, are all of them straight connected or are you using adapters/converters in this configuration?

What is the model of the monitors?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
PhilippeBNE
Novice

Hi Albert,

Using the HDMI, DP and USB 3.1 video ports.

Running 3x Philips PH264V. have also tried 3x Philips PH242S.

Connecting using HDMI --> HDMI cable, HDMI -->DP cable and DP-->USB 3.1 cable.

These are straight cables with no adapters/converters.

Have also tried converters as well with same result.

Regards

Phil

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi PhilippeBNE, Thank you very much for clarifying those aspects.

We will continue with our research on this case, once I get more updates I will post all of them in this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

There is a new Intel® graphics driver version available for download, 30.0.101.1340. Please test that driver and once you get the chance, let us know the results:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
PhilippeBNE
Novice

Albert,

Tried the new drivers, but option still isn't there for the Combined Desktop feature.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

PhilippeBNE, Thank you very much for providing those results.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists after testing graphics driver version 30.0.101.1340. We will continue with our research on this matter, as soon as I get more updates, I will post them on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

After investigating the case, we just wanted to let you know that on the new version of Intel® Graphics Command Center, the Combined Desktop setting was moved to the "Global Settings" section.

Note: On 11th generation and 12th generation Intel® processors, the option can only be enabled with displays of the same model.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
PhilippeBNE
Novice

Hi Alberto,

I have had a look at the "Global Settings" section, but the setting isn't there either, BUT......

... For whatever reason, it is NOW showing up under "Display" section and the 3 dots drop down menu. (See attached Capture5.jpg)

I have successfully combined all 3 displays now! (See attached Capture6.jpg)

Very strange, but as long as it is working, it is all I needed.

Thank you so much for all your help with this!

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi PhilippeBNE, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those results.

"I have successfully combined all 3 displays now!", Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the option for combined displays is now available and working with no problems. Very strange indeed.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos