Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Intel Graphics Command Center broken Capture functionality

MDib
New Contributor II

Hello,

For the latest version from Microsoft Store, the DCH control panel is no longer offering me the Capture functionality, which I used just fine a few days ago. There's no way to download older versions of the CP from the Store, but I could find a Beta version that has the Capture functionality, but it's broken too, it creates 48kb files that cannot be opened if I try to record audio. Without audio, it's OK.

Have no idea why this occurs. Games seem gone too. I use the iGPU for Premiere Pro but also for recording the screen while gaming so not to create additional load on the Nvidia GPU. This is a desktop system.

Screenshot 2022-12-15 012510.png

46 Replies
Stew52
New Contributor I

What can we say. We asked for help and Intel has said  NO and we don't want to hear from you any more.

0 Kudos
Howard_Vigorita
Beginner

Intel capture vanished on my Zenbook Pro 16x laptop which has an IrisXe igpu. Tried installing the latest release driver (101.4032) which combines Iris and Arc to see if the Arc app would do it. Arc Control capture works with my other systems that have a380 and a770 but not on my laptop. It failed when I hit record asking me if I had a VPN. I think the question must have been rhetorical, since there was no field to provide an answer but, "No, I don't have a VPN." Also tried the latest beta-driver (101.4034) and got the same result.

My self-help solution was to uninstall Intel Graphics Command Center, Arc Control, and Intel DSA. Then install OBS Studio for capture. I don't particularly like that app, but it works.

0 Kudos
MFess
Beginner

Hello,

does anyone have a link to the appx before it was stripped of the features (see support article)?
This approach by intel is really sad! 👎 😠

Greetings,
Martin

0 Kudos
MDib
New Contributor II

@MFess wrote:

Hello,

does anyone have a link to the appx before it was stripped of the features (see support article)?
This approach by intel is really sad! 👎 😠

Greetings,
Martin

This below is from my earlier post here and has the older appx:

Meanwhile, I will provide others here with a better, real solution.

A link to a Dell's driver package. OEMs have decided to include the appx, as not all PCs have access to the Store by business policy (didn't think about this, Intel, either?). Dell is a reputable business and the driver is from 2022 summer. The name of the folder with the appx is :

IGCC_1.100.3407.0

The link to the driver, from Dell's servers:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-uk/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=wh2jj&oscode=wt64a&productcode=precision-t3620-workstation&lwp=rt

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
0 Kudos