Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel Graphics Control Panel (Windows Store) error : This app can't open I tried anything including reinstall driver, I need help in ASAP. "None of the connected displays are using Intel Graphics Driver"

ANauf1
Beginner

Screenshot (36).pngScreenshot (37).pngScreenshot (38).pngMy Device is : Acer E5 476 G

Graphics : Intel UHD 620 + Nvidia MX130

Driver : (Intel) DCH 25.20.100.6577

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello ANauf1, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. First, To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps: 1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter. 3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 4. Attach the report to this thread. Also, I would like to recommend following the information in the link below: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000032309/graphics-drivers.html These steps are recommended to issues that could appear if you are unable to use the Intel ® Graphics Control Panel. Let me know if this helps. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
ANauf1
Beginner

OK, I'm attached the screenshot of dxdiag, error popup when I'm try to open Intel Control Panel(Windows Store)

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Your laptop has hybrid graphics (i.e. utilizes both Intel HD Graphics 620 + NVIDIA HD Graphics (GeForce MX130)). In this case, you should only be using the graphics drivers provided by Acer on their website. According to their website, the correct Intel HD Graphics driver version is 22.20.16.4708, not 25.20.100.6577. You must uninstall your Intel driver (and the NVIDIA driver as well if it is not the version on the Acer site) and install the version from Acer.

The reason why this is necessary is because hybrid graphics solutions require support for switching back and forth between the two solutions. This requires modifications to the drivers and Intel and NVIDIA do not implement these modifications, Acer does. When you installed the generic, unmodified driver from Intel, you lost support for switching (and you may have also lost support for other hardware features of the Acer design). The net result is what you are seeing. Switch back to the Acer-provided drivers to fix this issue. If you are unhappy with the state of the drivers from Acer, talk to Acer, not Intel.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos