Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Intel Graphics Control Panel from Microsoft Store won't open

oloc
Beginner

This happened after I have installed the latest driver which is the DCH 25.20.100.6471. I don't have it on my desktop(rightclick option) nor on search menu anymore.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
oloc
Beginner

I just update my windows here is the updated one

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

Intel produces only Generic DCH graphics driver , starting from 25.20.100.6444 onwards intel removed graphics control panel application , But you can download the intel graphics control panel app from microsoft store

0 Kudos
oloc
Beginner

Hi

Thank you for clarifying me, I have installed the app from the store but thing is it won't launch. How do you fix this?

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

I have also installed that application , but its not working on 1803 and on 1809 .

I think intel may releases new application in few weeks that will fix the issues

But nvidia graphics control panel application downloaded from microsoft store works perfectly with latest 417.35 and with 417.58 . Both are DCH drivers

0 Kudos
oloc
Beginner

Can I revert it back to its old version? I really wanted to have the control panel cuz I'm changing something on my game?

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

yes you cannot revert back , that's the new feature in DCH

do onething , uninstall the graphics driver software completely , then restart the windows.

reinstall the best working driver again

then restart the windows.

0 Kudos
IHirv
Beginner

For me Store App gives error code: 0x80242020 even before starting download.

My tablet's screen is so washed out without Graphics Control Panel. Miss it!

(I have installed the latest drivers!)

0 Kudos
oloc
Beginner

I just changed the title.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello oloc, I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you. If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
IHirv
Beginner

Trying MS Store every day. No change, Control Panel won't install, same error message

0 Kudos
DH11
Beginner

Hello,

Intel Graphics Control Panel won't open after updating to dch_win64_25.20.100.6519, comming from legacy drivers.

In event viewer i get:

Faulting application name: gfxcentennial.exe, version: 8.15.10.3682, time stamp: 0x5c332d5f Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17134.441, time stamp: 0x428de48c Exception code: 0xc000041d Fault offset: 0x000000000003a388 Faulting process id: 0x3a74 Faulting application start time: 0x01d4b3d772158c29 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AppUp.IntelGraphicsControlPanel_2.5.0.0_x64__8j3eq9eme6ctt\gfxcentennial.exe Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll Report Id: f3de3374-0b4b-424d-8cf7-d0a57491345f Faulting package full name: AppUp.IntelGraphicsControlPanel_2.5.0.0_x64__8j3eq9eme6ctt Faulting package-relative application ID: Intel.GraphicsControlPanel

Also another error regarding Intel Graphics Controller:

Application: gfxcentennial.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException at IgfxLHM.get_CUIString() at GfxUI.Utils.LoadResource(System.String) at GfxUI.HomePage..ctor() at GfxUI.MainWindow.get_HomePage() at GfxUI.MainWindow.SetHomePageAsMainPage() at GfxUI.MainWindow.GCPAMainWindow_Loaded(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean) at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEvent) at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(System.Object) at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork() at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks() at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks() at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(System.Object) at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(System.Object) at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize() at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr) at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr) at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr, IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DefWndProcWrapper(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr) at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr, IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)  

My laptop partial configuration taken from Intel Driver Support Assistant:

Computer Notebook P65xRP Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Processor Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz Graphics Intel® HD Graphics 530 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

Till now I tried completely uninstalling the intel graphics drivers + intel graphics control panel with my internet connection off (as per instructions in another post on the forum) and reinstalling latest graphics drivers+ control ppanel from store but still not opening. I run the laptop with two monitors and my 24inch monitor is set up as the main monitor (and because it's connected through hdmi, from what I can tell is handled by the Nvidia card which is active all the time when an hdmi cable is connected to the laptop).

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello everyone, Thank you for your reply. If you are experiencing the same issue please attach a dxdiag so I can have more system information: 1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter. 3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 4. Attach the report to this thread. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DH11
Beginner

Hi,

Attached is my directx diagnostic report

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello oloc, Please fill out the following: (If you have provided the information before just re-add it here to confirm) Description Be clear on the computer/application(s) symptom(s), undesired behavior(s). obtained vs. expected result(s). How often you see the issue (e.g. rarely, always) Steps to reproduce the issue/bug: 1. 2. 3... (Please provide steps to replicate the issue. These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix. A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.) System information Computer make/model, or if it is a Desktop the motherboard make/model. Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue. Attach the DxDiag.txt and SSU.txt reports (these are very useful as they can tell most of the computer configuration details) Additional configuration details: (Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue. ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc) DxDiag.txt report: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022556/graphics-drivers.html SSU.txt report: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello oloc, Were you able to check my previous post? Please provide me with the information requested to continue. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos