Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Intel Graphics Control Panel won't open

KLars1
Beginner

I have a surface pro 6 and have the latest graphics drivers installed. I go to the microsoft store and launch the intel control panel and it will not launch the app. nothing happens. attached is my ssu file

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello KLars1 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. First we want to uninstall all drivers from the system first so under Video Adapters we see 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'. To do these properly follow these steps: 1. Download the latest Windows® DCH driver (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28514/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers) and save it on the computer. 2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 3. Uninstall the Windows® DCH driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 4. Restart the computer. 5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 6.1.1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 6.1.2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 6.1.3. Click on 'Uninstall'. 6.1.4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 7. Install the Windows® DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 8. Restart the computer. 9. Reconnect to the Internet. 10. Download the Intel Graphics Control Panel from the MS Store. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello KLars1 I was checking your case and would like to know if you have been able complete steps provided? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello KLars1 I haven’t heard back from you, I am going to close this request If you have more questions please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos