Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel Graphics Driver for Windows [15.40]

willsillva
Beginner

I can't update my driver in any way;

1. win64_15.40.46.5144.exe (https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29804/a08/win64_15.40.46.5144.exe) does not execute.

2. zip file it seems corrupted (https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29804/a08/win64_15.40.46.5144.zip)

Message from WinRAR:

! C:\Users\Will\Downloads\win64_15.40.46.5144.zip: Checksum error in Graphics\igd11dxva32.dll. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Will\Downloads\win64_15.40.46.5144.zip: The archive is corrupt

3. "install failed" occurs with Driver & Support Assistant;

1 Solution
Maria_R_Intel

Hello all,

We updated the driver, is shown as the same version, but it was fixed.

Please follow the clean installation steps and try with a new download:

1. Download the latest driver and save it on the computer: 
  • 15.40.46.5144 .(if you already have the driver, please download it again)
  1. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 
  2. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel Programs and Features. 
  3. Restart the computer. 
  4. Confirm in Device Manager Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 
  5. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager
    1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 
    2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 
    3. Click on 'Uninstall'
    4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 
  6. Install the DCH drivers that were downloaded on step 1
  7. Restart the computer. 
  8. Reconnect to the Internet. 

NOTE: The driver installation should work now using the Intel* DSA too.

I will be waiting to hear from you! Please, provide us all the feedback and outcomes.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Ilgaz
Novice

Same here, had to download 2-3 times to make sure. Let's hope MS Windows have something to stop driver from being installed with corrupt files. I guess it does.

OP: You can use "windows update" version, check for Windows update and enable Microsoft update (which looks for driver updates/missing drivers)

BillieBlue
Beginner

Hi, I'm having the same update issue as well.  I don't have any reports, just that it fails to install.

I'll take a look at WUD and I'll let you know.

0 Kudos
jlick
Beginner

Pretty much the same here:

1) Intel Driver & Support Assistant gets the Windows "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" install window and shortly after approval says install failed.

2) Running .exe gets the Windows "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" install window and after approval is never heard from again (Task Manager shows the process dies shortly after. CertUtil shows the correct md5sum of the .exe file: 5256bd8f361960c899c4a2701abe12f4

3) Trying to unpack the .zip with 7-zip or Windows Explorer both get an error unpacking igd11dxva32.dll. Didn't bother trying to install with a broken DLL. CertUtil shows the correct md5sum of the .zip file: 8e7277d6071e303954380aca235fa2db

I'm guessing that the files got corrupted somewhere during release but before md5sums were calculated.

wac
Beginner

FYI I was having the same issues with both the zip and exe files as described by other users. After confirming the offered zip file was still arriving with that corrupt dll file using Chrome's downloader a few minutes ago, I copied the url into the Microsoft Download Manager and downloaded the zip version again. File extracted without errors and the driver update was just completed successfully.

jlick
Beginner

Based on @wac 's clue, I tried downloading the .zip using Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome. The download from Edge had a different md5sum, b358258f4abae0d5711c7ae1892743fb which is different from what is listed on Intel's download page. The .zip downloaded by Chrome had the "correct" md5sum. Proceeding to the next step, the Edge download unzipped without any errors. I then ran the installer and the installation wizard came up. Unfortunately during the installation the screen blanked out (which is normal) but when it came back on the screen was scrambled and the system was hung. I then rebooted and tried installing again. This time the installation proceeded normally and after the required reboot the installation completed normally and Device Manager showed the correct driver version.

Summary: using another browser and braving an incorrect md5sum may result in being able to install the update if it doesn't hang your system. Or you might want to take the hint and hang off until the next version which hopefully has fewer problems.

0 Kudos
Leftymom2000
Beginner

Same issue here.  Will Intel be correcting corrupted files and fixing the download, I hope?

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello all,

We updated the driver, is shown as the same version, but it was fixed.

Please follow the clean installation steps and try with a new download:

1. Download the latest driver and save it on the computer: 
  • 15.40.46.5144 .(if you already have the driver, please download it again)
  1. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 
  2. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel Programs and Features. 
  3. Restart the computer. 
  4. Confirm in Device Manager Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 
  5. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager
    1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 
    2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 
    3. Click on 'Uninstall'
    4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 
  6. Install the DCH drivers that were downloaded on step 1
  7. Restart the computer. 
  8. Reconnect to the Internet. 

NOTE: The driver installation should work now using the Intel* DSA too.

I will be waiting to hear from you! Please, provide us all the feedback and outcomes.

Best regards,

Maria R.

willsillva
Beginner

thank's for support, the problem was solved.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello willsillva,

Thank you for let us know.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. 

Best regards, 

Maria R. 

0 Kudos