Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

Intel Graphics Driver for Windows not found

brianc74
Beginner

Attempting to install the oneAPI Base Toolkit but I get the prerequisite error message:

"Intel Graphics Driver for Windows not found.

For developing and running applications for GPU on this system, a newer version of the Intel Graphics Driver is required. Please reference the GPU section at https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/installation-guide-for-intel-oneapi-toolkits11.html about GPU driver version(s) and installation information."

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ

Integrated Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 driver version 20.19.15.4835

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M driver version 26.21.14.4575

All of these are updated with the latest drivers so I'm not sure what's going on. I tried to install the Windows 10 DCH Drivers but I get the error:

"The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer"

When I go to the intel driver support assistant they say “A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver & Support Assistant is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.”

I'm not that proficient with this stuff so if there's an obvious fix that I'm missing I'd really appreciate it. Cheers

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Zhiqi_T_Intel
Employee

While it is possible to use oneAPI for CPU, the integrated GPU in this CPU is not supported per Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit System Requirements

Best Regards,

Zhiqi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

As this thread is related to downloading and installation, we are moving this thread to the dedicated forum which handles the Registration, Download, Licensing, and Installation issues for faster response.

Have a Good day!

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
Zhiqi_T_Intel
Employee

While it is possible to use oneAPI for CPU, the integrated GPU in this CPU is not supported per Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit System Requirements

Best Regards,

Zhiqi

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @brianc74

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. We hope that the information provided by Zhiqi_T_Intel has been helpful to clarify your concerns regarding the issue with Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit.

If you still need assistance to update and verify the system is running the latest graphics driver for Intel® HD Graphics 4600 (despite the GPU is not supported for Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit), please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile. Please reply to the email in order to provide us with the Intel® SSU report to avoid exposing sensitive information in the communities.

Additional Notes:

1- In order to set the right expectations, since this is the forum related to Graphics questions and issues, we will be glad to assist you with the verification of the graphics driver version and status. However, just for clarification purposes, we don't handle "Registration, Download, Licensing, and Installation issues" regarding the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit. For assistance specific to Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit , we recommend posting your concerns on Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit forum. We do apologize for the misunderstanding.

2- The driver or software for your graphics component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer (OEM).

OEM drivers are handpicked and include customized features and solutions to platform-specific issues. Intel® provides generic drivers and installing them will overwrite your OEM customized driver, hence, the recommendation in these cases is to work with the computer manufacturer before installing our driver so you don’t lose features or customizations.

3- The error message shown when trying to update the driver is expected for instance, when trying to update an OEM driver on the system with an Intel® generic driver, or when trying to update a non-DCH driver with a DCH driver. For more details please refer to this article: Error Message: Computer Manufacturer Graphics Driver Detected

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @brianc74

Thank you for your response via the private email.

After checking the questions in the internal email, we understand that you have additional concerns regarding Intel® developer tools as the following:

• "Common tools for Intel compiler projects"
  • "Intel(R) Software Manager"
  • "Intel(R) Fortran Expression Evaluator"
  • "Fortran IDE"

We would like to inform you that we have forums for those specific products and questions so our recommendation is to post those concerns on our Software Products Forum under to appropriate sub-category so it can get answered more quickly, for instance, Software Development Tools (Compilers, Debuggers, Profilers & Analyzers) forum and many others.

Having said that, and since the thread has been marked as "Solved", we will proceed to close this inquiry now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos