Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Intel Graphics HD 4000 2nd external display not recognized

Dimi83
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I cannot connect the second external display to my notebook.

Notebook connectivity: VGA and DisplayPort

2x Displays HP Z32 with HDMI, 2xDisplayPort, no VGA port

what I tried was:

1) I bought VGA to HDMI cable and connected the notebook to the 1x HP Z32 monitor. I could not get any image. The second HP Z32 worked because was connected DisplayPort to DisplayPort.

Should I maybe buy VGA to DisplayPort cable and try if it works? Read somewhere that HDMI want work in such a constellation.

2) I bought DisplayPort Splitter and connected the splitter with the two external monitors via DisplayPort to DisplayPort. Both monitors worked, but as duplicate. I could not extend the one from the other monitor. I want however to extend the 2x monitors, not copy them.

Does anybody know more about that? Thanks in advance. Your help is highly appreciated.

Best regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

That looks like a HDMI-to-VGA cable; not sure it can actually be used the other way. A VGA-to-HDMI adapter will have a male VGA connector and a female HDMI connector. Here's an example: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GZ159FJ

In order to support two displays independently off a single DisplayPort output, you need a device that identifies itself as being a MST Hub. Here are examples (included both connector types since don't know what your laptop has):

Note that these are only examples; do not consider them endorsements.

Now, let's talk about your processor's capabilities. Intel HD Graphics 4000 supports:

• DisplayPort 1.1 = 2560x1600 at 60 Hz
  • HDMI 1.4 = 1920x1200 at 60 Hz
  • VGA = 2048x1536 at 75 Hz
  • In extended desktop mode: One display at 2560x1600 at 60 Hz, remaining two displays at 1920x1200 at 60 Hz

Some references:

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Dimi83,

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and are helping you. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

You can verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel®️ Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued".

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Josue O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos