Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Intel Graphics HD has been changed and now is Intel Graphics Command Center. The new interface looks better, but now some important features are missing.

AHecl
Beginner

I own a Lenovo laptop that uses a Intel Graphics HD. The driver has been updated to a new very different version and the control panel of

Intel Graphics HD has been changed and now is Intel Graphics Command Center. The new interface looks better, but now some important features are missing:

1. I cannot set the connected monitor to my laptop like before: output only: Diginal Television and this makes a lot of issues.

2. The color profiles for desktop (not video) has been disappeared and I only can set profiles for video, but the video colors are influenced by desktop colors.

Also, I have a big, Big, BIg, BIG problem with this nice and new interface. After I set a brightness level and restart my laptop or I shut down it, the

brightness level is not the same and much more, first time level number 1 was little dark color, but now is more darken and this is just an example, because

no matter what level number is, 15 or 25. You want to make me sick of alzheimer? Why? First time I thought I'm sick to the eyes or the head and I can't remember

the brightness level, but after few tests I found out that I'm ok, but the driver is sick.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello @AHecl​ ,

1. I did not ask you to remove the new driver. The new DCH driver having in the package Intel Graphics Command Center (IGCC) utility instead of the previous Intel Graphics Control Panel (IGCP). The IGCP is discontinued and replaced by IGCC. However, since the IGCC doesn't have the futures that you want, I suggested you to install in addition to IGCC, the IGCP. Those both panel may work concurrently.
  2. This was Microsoft request to remove the IGCP from the desktop menu and you may dispatch it only from the Start menu, under letter "I". In the same place you will find the IGCC also.
  3. I'm customer only, but you will have similar answer form Intel agent. Or, he will direct you to Lenovo support (since your computer is Lenovo and not Intel).

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

If you prefer, you may still download from Microsoft Store the previous Intel Graphics Control Panel https://www.microsoft.com/en-as/p/intel-graphics-control-panel/9ndlclmmtmrc?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Leon

0 Kudos
AHecl
Beginner

Thank you, LWAKSMAN. As I see you are a Customer. I tried what you told me, but the driver didn't install correctly, because I see no option added to desktop right click menu as before and my PC worked slow so, I installed back the new driver.

I will wait an official reply from Intel, because what I requested is not impossible to do.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello @AHecl​ ,

1. I did not ask you to remove the new driver. The new DCH driver having in the package Intel Graphics Command Center (IGCC) utility instead of the previous Intel Graphics Control Panel (IGCP). The IGCP is discontinued and replaced by IGCC. However, since the IGCC doesn't have the futures that you want, I suggested you to install in addition to IGCC, the IGCP. Those both panel may work concurrently.
  2. This was Microsoft request to remove the IGCP from the desktop menu and you may dispatch it only from the Start menu, under letter "I". In the same place you will find the IGCC also.
  3. I'm customer only, but you will have similar answer form Intel agent. Or, he will direct you to Lenovo support (since your computer is Lenovo and not Intel).

Leon

0 Kudos
AHecl
Beginner

Thank you again, LWAKSMAN!

Finally all things work fine.

I chose to control the desktop brightness by the old driver interface and the new ones I chose to control video brightness.

0 Kudos