Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel Graphics Settings can't OVERRIDE APPLICATION SETTINGS problem

plshelp
Novice

When i click the override application settings it unchecks automatically if i apply it

I have the Intel ® System Support Utility report and my computer info attached

11 Replies
Saul1
Novice

I'm having the same problem!!

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

@Saul1, please open your own thread and provide you system information so we can better assist you.  

@plshelp, please provide the following information:  

• What are the applications you want to override the settings to? 
  • Provide a screenshot of the place where you are checking this option to override application settings. 
  • If possible, provide a step by step procedure to replicate this problem, including a video of the behavior would be great. You can upload the video using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach option or a platform and providing a public link.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
plshelp
Novice

@Sebastian_M_Intel I want to override Apex Legends (it's an FPS game) but i can't do it. I don't think different applications matter because i couldn't even check that box in the screenshot i've provided. I tried to upload a video but it says that i do not have a permission to upload one. The step by step is that i check that box and i click the apply button and there is a standard message of if you want to keep this change or not but when i click yes the box just unchecks automatically.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello plshelp,  

Thank you for your reply. 

We would like to check this behavior internally, please allow us to reproduce it and we will post an update on this thread. 

Kindly wait for a response. 

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello plshelp,   

Thank you for waiting. 

We tried replicating this behavior with Intel® HD Graphics 4600 and the latest driver 20.19.15.5166 and it worked (see the video attached). Based on that, I will recommend you to: 

1. Try a clean install of the latest graphics driver: 

1. Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29971/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-  

2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 

3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Command Center from Control Panel Programs and Features

4. Restart the computer. 

5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 

6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager

1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 
  2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 
  3. Click on 'Uninstall'. 
  4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 

7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 

8. Restart the computer. 

9. Reconnect to the Internet. 

2. Update your Operating System (OS) to the latest version available https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/update-windows-10-3c5ae7fc-9fb6-9af1-1984-b5e0412c556a  

3. If the above does not work, it can also be related to the fact that you are using 2 graphics cards (Intel and NVIDIA), chances are the hybrid graphics feature is affecting the graphics setting. In that case you should contact the system manufacturer (OEM) for extra help on this.  

Regards,   

Sebastian M   

0 Kudos
plshelp
Novice

i tried installing the driver but it says this

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello plshelp,    

Thanks for the response. 

This error appears when your system believes it already has a newer driver installed, or in some cases when the system manufacturer (OEM) only allows using the customized drivers they provide. This error is easily solved by following the steps we provided for a clean install, please follow each step to the letter: 

1. Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29971/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-   

2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update.  

3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Command Center from Control Panel Programs and Features.  

4. Restart the computer.  

5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4.  

6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager:  

1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device'  
  2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked.  
  3. Click on 'Uninstall'.  
  4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter')  

7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded in step 1.  

8. Restart the computer.  

9. Reconnect to the Internet.  

If the above does not work, then the problem needs to be checked with the OEM (HP*) as there can be a customization or limitation from their side blocking these features.   

Regards,    

Sebastian M    

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello plshelp,  

Were you able to check our previous recommendations? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M

0 Kudos
plshelp
Novice

I was able to but there was something wrong with the game itself so i havent been able to check it in-game but i think itll work since its looking fine on the override application settings i guess

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello plshelp,   

Thank you for your reply. 

As the feature worked in the Intel Graphics Control Panel, we believe the issue is solved. Please let us know if we can close this inquiry from our side. 

Regards,   

Sebastian M 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello plshelp,    

I hope you are doing great. 

We believe the recommendations on this thread have addressed your problem. 

We will close this inquiry from our side. If you need further support, please open a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,

Sebastian M

0 Kudos