Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Intel Graphics Windows 10 DCH Drivers - 30.0.100.9684 report option can't be used

heikkuri
Beginner

Hi,

I have downloaded igfx_win_100.9684.zip to test the latest driver.

The previous versions 27.20.100.9466 had igxpin.exe and now it's replace by installer.exe.

This was the command line, which I have used with previous version:

igxpin.exe -s -report "%TEMP%\IntelGFX.log"

Now I tried to run the new installer in silent mode like this:

installer.exe --silent --report "%TEMP%\IntelGFX.log"

When I use option --report "%TEMP%\IntelGFX.log", this will break the access rights inheritance to folder %TEMP%.  It will also remove full control access from SYSTEM account to same folder. Variable %TEMP% points to C:\Users\myaccount\Appdata\Local\Temp.

After this Software Center does not work any more because folder  C:\Users\myaccount\Appdata\Local\Temp\WPF can't be used.

Software Center just pushed pop-up message: Software Center can not be loaded. There is a problem loading the required components for Software Center...

After restoring the inheritance back to %TEMP% , the Software Center works again.

I have tried also few other folders for the log file. Result is the same. Inheritance is removed from the folder. 

installer.exe --silent --report "C:\Temp\IntelGFX.log"

installer.exe --silent --report "C:\Intel\IntelGFX.log"

I know the original place for the log  folder is C:\Windows\Temp and here is by default the inheritance cut of.

So now I have to run the installer without trying to change the location of the log file.

This line works:

installer.exe -s

I have tried with few different computer models:

Dell Precision 7720, Windows 10 version 20H2, Intel Core i7-7820HQ

Dell Precision 7550, Windows 10 version 21H1, Intel Core i9-10885H

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello heikkuri

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. To investigate this request, we need more information from one of the systems. Please share with us the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

• Download the Intel SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows
  • Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MisonStudio
Beginner

Hola que tal.

Yo tengo un problema similar, al instalar la versión 30 del Driver de Gráficos de mi i5 11400, "Windows Update" de Windows 11 me hace un Downgrate del Driver a la versión 27, me pueden apoyar por favor.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello @heikkuri were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

@MisonStudio please submit a new thread with more information for support.

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello @heikkuri 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

David G.

0 Kudos