Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Intel Graphics Windows 10 DCH should I install this on Windows 10 V 1909 OS 18363.720 - haven't done April/May 2020 MS update?

CPila
Beginner

Having had my Dynabook messed up my last year's MS update, I'm wondering should I install the Intel graphics OEM driver prior to updating Windows 10 (on 23/5)? I definitely don't want to end up like last year with no internet access due to MS updates.. thanks for any advice

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello CPila

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

I would recommend having on the system drivers that are validated for the Windows® 10 built that you need to update,

You can find the information about operating system compatibility on the release notes and read me notes in the intel download center for each driver (wireless or graphics).

In regard to the Windows® update guidance, it is recommended contacting Microsoft®  

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
CPila
Beginner

Thank you for your response, however I do not understand what you mean! I have contacted my laptop's manufacturer that say that if Intel system recommends that I should install the graphics driver I should. I have read the Intel notes and have checked that this Graphics driver is indeed for my laptop.

Should this Intel driver be installed BEFORE the next Microsoft update? thank you for your help

kind regards

Caroline Pilat

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello CPila

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

If all the drivers that you have on your system are supported with the Windows® 10 boult that you are going to install you should not have problems no matter if the driver is installed before or after the update, never the less it is important confirming the Windows® update requirements and process with Microsoft®.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos