Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Driver error on trying to install ( not download install )

NotArchiTron
Novice

I really don't know why my driver won't install 

NotArchiTron_0-1640280833161.png

Please fix Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Driver error on trying to install ( not download install ) 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You have a laptop. The version of the Intel Graphics driver package that is currently installed has been customized by the laptop vendor to support unique features of this laptop. Installing a generic graphics driver package from Intel will wipe out these customizations (removing support for these special features) and could cause instability. Thus, the installation was blocked.

If you truly understand the ramifications of installing this generic graphics driver package (i.e. the updated driver is more important to you than the features supported by these customizations), there is a way to install it. You need to uninstall the existing driver package - and any older packages - until only the Microsoft basic driver is present. Once in this state, you will be able to install the generic graphics driver package.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

NotArchiTron
Novice

theirs the file see

Screenshot 2021-12-23 180910.png

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You have a laptop. The version of the Intel Graphics driver package that is currently installed has been customized by the laptop vendor to support unique features of this laptop. Installing a generic graphics driver package from Intel will wipe out these customizations (removing support for these special features) and could cause instability. Thus, the installation was blocked.

If you truly understand the ramifications of installing this generic graphics driver package (i.e. the updated driver is more important to you than the features supported by these customizations), there is a way to install it. You need to uninstall the existing driver package - and any older packages - until only the Microsoft basic driver is present. Once in this state, you will be able to install the generic graphics driver package.

Hope this helps,

...S

NotArchiTron
Novice

thank you so much I don't think I know what I'm doing so I'll keep it the way the provider had it thank you guys for all the help! 😉😉👍🏻👍🏻 @n_scott_pearson @AlHill 

0 Kudos