Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Intel HD 4600 Graphics card has stopped working but recovered

BDouc
Beginner

I have been getting this message for about a week now. I have uninstalled and re-installed the graphics driver. This happens when playing the game world of tanks only. i have also completely wiped out the game and re-installed it too. I have played this game on the same PC for 8 months with no issues. But, within the last week or so I have been getting this error.

Not sure what is going on here, but any help would be appreciated.

Attached is my dxdiag report.

Thanks,

Bob

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello BobD567,

Thank you for sharing the dxdiag report since it allows me to check very important information from your system.

I noticed your computer is running an old BIOS version so I think you should consider updating the BIOS on the motherboard.

Besides the above step, have you tried installing latest patch for this game? I see there is a patch from 9.4 to 9.5 so you should also consider updating it.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
BDouc
Beginner

Kevin, thank you for the information. i am running the most current game client. I'v even done a full unistall and reinstall of the game, per the makers instructions, with no luck.

I have never updated my BIOS before so I checked out youtube. It was pretty easy! Scary, but easy, lol. I will give this a try now as my BIOs is updated.

I will update this message if my problem persists!

Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
BDouc
Beginner

Kevin, Updating the BIOS did not help my situation. However, I went to the motherboards website. They had the original driver for the HD card. I installed it, no problems since.

You can close this ticket.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I m happy to hear it is working for you now.

Kevin m

0 Kudos
BDouc
Beginner

Kevin, thank you for the information. i am running the most current game client. I'v even done a full unistall and reinstall of the game, per the makers instructions, with no luck.

I have never updated my BIOS before so I checked out youtube. It was pretty easy! Scary, but easy, lol. I will give this a try now as my BIOs is updated.

I will update this message if my problem persists!

Thanks!!!

0 Kudos