Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Intel HD 4600 on i74790k will not display video over HDMI.

hhell
Beginner

This weekend I put together a build consisting of an Asus Gryphon Z97 and the i7-4790k. Everything seemed to be working fine until I tried testing out the HDMI output. Whatever I do, I cannot get a signal over HDMI. The DVI out works fine as this was the connection I used to my monitor while I was installing Windows 8.1. I tried connecting the HDMI to my Denon receiver and the DVI to the monitor at the same time. When I do this, the signal over DVI flashes as it keeps trying to recognize the display that is connected to the HDMI port. If I navigate to the display settings I can see that it registers the Denon as a display, but then it goes away when it flashes again. While the HDMI is connected, it just keeps flashing over DVI. I have also tried connecting with multiple different cable, directly to the monitor and directly to the television.

I have tried the following intel drivers:

10.18.10.3960 - original install from windows update

10.18.10.3910 - from asus

10.18.10.3907 - from intel

10.18.10.3496 - from asus

10.18.10.3960 - from intel

I installed the latest version of the bios right away before installing windows. I have gone into the bios to dedicate 512MB memory to video and to set the iGPU as the primary display device. Nothing has helped. I did notice that the Asus UEFI bios says that it is giving 0 volts to the iGPU. This was the default setting and from what I can tell this is normal, I didn't try messing with it.

At this point I am thinking that either the motherboard or the CPU needs to be RMA'd.

Does anyone have any insight as to which piece of hardware would most likely be the culprit? Any other suggestions that I haven't tried? Yes, all of my cables are high speed.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the Graphics community.

I see the computer when connected to HDMI is trying to get signal as you mentioned as well.

Do you get any HDMI signal without drivers? In other words while using generic Microsoft drivers.

Are there any settings in the BIOS about HDMI? enable or disable feature.

Is there any chance you could try different operating system just for testing?

Allan.

0 Kudos
hhell
Beginner

Thank you for your response.

• I get no signal with the generic Microsoft drivers.
  • There are no HDMI related BIOS settings.
  • I installed Windows 7 and I get the exact same behavior with the most recent drivers from Intel installed. The generic Microsoft drivers don't work in Windows 7 either.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for sharing your results.

Please take a look at this thread for additional information about your issue:

Allan

0 Kudos