Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

[Intel HD 5100] Problem with output

IBjel
Novice

Hello,

I have Lenovo 100-15ibd laptop with i5-4288U with Intel 5100 igpu. Problem is i have no output on hdmi cable, cant connect second monitor to laptop, while all of this works on linux (Ubuntu and mint tested). I tried installing alot of driver versions, still nothing, tried installing in compatibility mode still nothing, please help!

5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ibjelic,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

I would like to get some information about your system to help you troubleshoot this issue.

Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Also, please answer the following questions:

Are you using a straight-through connection (HDMI-to-HDMI) with a single cable?

What is your monitor model?

Have you tried connecting your laptop to another monitor?

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
IBjel
Novice

I tried connecting laptop to a monitor and to two TVs. TVs are hdmi-hdmi but monitor is hdmi-(hdmi-dvi adapter). All of this works on Ubuntu and Mint linux OS. Monitor is quite old its EIZO with 5:4 resolution (dont know model) and TVs are LG, ill check model if needed additionally.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ibjelic,

Thank you for your response.

Do you experience the same display issues when connecting your laptop to the TVs?

What are the TV model numbers? In this case, you can look for a firmware update, too.

Also, please make sure that the graphics driver provided by your system manufacturer is up to date.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/cr/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/100-series/100-15ibd/80qq/downloads

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
IBjel
Novice

I have *NO OUTPUT* to any device on hdmi *ON WINDOWS*, on linux it works fine both with tv and monitor and anything, on windows THERE IS NO OUTPUT to any device.

And as i said above i tried all drivers from lenovo and intel site, for windows 7,8 in compatibility mode and same for windows 10.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ibjelic,

Thank you for your response.

In this case, my recommendation is that you can try other cables and keep your system up to date with the graphics driver provided by your system manufacturer and firmware updates for your TVs and monitor.

Keep track of any changes that may have impacted your system lately. If this issue started happening after a Windows update, you can revert back to a previous version of Windows and test if the update or any other change in your system is the root of the problem.

Also, you can contact your system manufacturer to discard hardware failure.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos