Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20950 Discussions

Intel HD 530 - Graphics Corruption in Mozilla Firefox

idata
Employee

Hi,

I am experiencing random graphics corruption in Mozilla Firefox.

The issue:

Whenever I minimize Firefox and restore it, the Firefox window appears garbled and text appears to be illegible. Moving the mouse cursor over the affected areas, seems to bring the missing parts of the window into view.

Minimizing, maximizing, or resizing Firefox appears to correct the issue (until I minimize Firefox again and the issue reappears).

While this is annoying and impedes productivity, the graphics corruption is limited only to Firefox. However, since that is my main web browser, I would like to get the issue fixed asap.

Points to observe:

• My laptop has an Intel HD 530 graphics subsystem (running on an Intel Core i7-6700HQ processor)
  • The laptop also has a dedicated nVidia GeForce GTX 950M graphics card
  • I am running Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
  • The issue occurs only in Mozilla Firefox
  • Mozilla does not list this as a known bug in their repository (as far as I can tell, I am the only one experiencing this issue)
  • The corruption persists even after restarting the laptop or starting the machine from cold boot
  • The issue occurs at random
  • I have the latest version of Firefox (with all plugins updated)
  • Creating a new Firefox profile (even with no add-ons installed) will not solve the corruption issue
  • I have 2 versions of Microsoft Direct X installed (Direct X 12 and 9.0c for playing older games) but the issue persisted even before I installed version 9.0c
  • I am running version 20.19.15.4360 of the Intel HD Graphics Driver (I have not updated the drivers nor have I tried any other version yet)
  • I experienced a graphics corruption while typing this post and have attached a screenshot below to demonstrate my issue

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

(in the above screenshot, the complete top part is missing. If I were to move the mouse cursor over the affected areas, then some missing parts will reappear. Minimizing, maximizing, and resizing Firefox will also correct the issue temporarily)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi all,

Looks like Gapudo reports this resolved with 4463. I've been monitoring the thread and no one else is reporting anything. Using the latest driver, is everyone seeing this issue resolved? If not, what driver version and CPU are you using and what's the failure rate? Seeing if I can close this out as fixed or not. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
128 Replies
PY
Beginner

Forgot to mention that I also have the latest build (14393.51) and all drivers and bios updated from acer.com. Seems solid as for now..

Gapudo, you should try it, just revert back if you get problems.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I need you to report if this issue still remains with driver version 4539.

Also, attach graphics report and system reports.

Allan.

0 Kudos