Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Intel HD 620 and HDR Support on Windows

idata
Employee

Hello, I have a ZOTAC ZBOX-CI547 (i5-7200U & HD 620) that is connected to a Samsung UE55MU7005 (UHD HDR TV). I have latest Windows insider preview (17666) and latest Intel graphic drivers (24.20.100.6025). Also, I have a high quality HDMI 2.0b Cable and UHD Color option activated on my Samsung TV. The issue is that DxDiag is not detecting my monitor as an Advanced Color capable so HDR option is not available.

Where is the issue?? What can I try now?

Thanks for your support in advance!

In here my DxDiag information:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 5/22/2018, 21:15:03

Machine name: DESKTOP-TKVVT4M

Machine Id: {E9A5E159-AFBC-4530-AAF0-62809AA83911}

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit (10.0, Build 17666) (17666.rs_prerelease.180504-1501)

Language: Spanish (Regional Setting: Spanish)

System Manufacturer: ZOTAC

System Model: ZBOX-CI527/CI547

BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/25/17 09:03:32 Ver: 05.0000C (type: BIOS)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16306MB RAM

Page File: 2769MB used, 15969MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 192 DPI (200 percent)

System DPI Setting: 288 DPI (300 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Enabled

Miracast: Available, with HDCP

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported

DxDiag Version: 10.00.17666.1000 64bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 2: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

DAC type: Internal

Device Type: Full Device (POST)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5916&SUBSYS_00008086&REV_02

Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]

Device Problem Code: No Problem

Driver Problem Code: Unknown

<p style="font-family: intel-clear, arial, helvetica, 'helvetica neue', verd...
0 Kudos
25 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, thanks for your answer,

I think your forgot to attach your files!

I am having yet some doubts regarding your setup:

• Intel® HD Graphics drivers: 6194 --> Ok, same as mine.
  • Intel® ME 11.8.50.345 --> Are you referring to 11.8.50.3425 FW (I think you misstype a 2), did you check this on BIOS, right? What about your Intel MEI Driver, which version are you using? this one? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27610/NUCs-Intel-Management-Engine-Corporate-Driver-for-Windows-10-for-Intel-NUC-Kits-NUC7i5DN-NUC7i7DN?v=t Download Intel® Management Engine Corporate Driver for Windows® 10 for Intel® NUC Kits NUC7i5DN, NUC7i7DN
  • Intel® SGX: Supported by the processor and BIOS --> How can I check this?
  • Operating System: Windows 10* Build 17134 RS4 --> Can you please check latest RS5 build (17713)??
  • BIOS: 0065
  • LSPCon HDMI® to DP 1.2 ti HDMI2.0a converter --> Which Chipset/Firmware version?
  • TV: LG* 55UH85000 --> I am using a Samsung UE55MU7005TXXC
  • High Speed 2.0 AmazonBasics HDMI* Cable --> I needed to change that Cables because was not properly working. Lucky you!!

Regarding my LSPCon, as I said some days ago on this post ZOTAC is integrating a LSPCon also fro DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0a. Specifically Parade PS175 (FW 0x24) --> According Intel HDR Whitepaper, this chipset is nedded/supported with a minimum 0x23 version firmware.

Zotac support team is also reporting (with latest BIOS and LPSCON FW) that HDR is working.

In other hand, can you please run "Cyberlink Ultra HD Blu-Ray Advisor" diagnosis tool to detect UHD HDR Bluray compatibility for your system?

https://www.cyberlink.com/prog/bd-support/diagnosis.do https://www.cyberlink.com/prog/bd-support/diagnosis.do

Thanks for your time and support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, JaimeFdezCaro.

I really apologize for not attaching the files, you can find them in this post.

Regarding your questions:You can find in the attached file an image that confirms that HDR is enabled on Windows 10*.

Antony S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Antony,

Thanks for your feedback... I have some barely good news,

I found a way to have HDR/WCG enabled on Windows 10 RS4...!!

I bought this DP 1.4 to HDMI 2.0b converter from CLUB3D:

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B077JB28KM CLUB3D DisplayPort 1.4 a HDMI 2.0b HDR Adpatador Activo - Adaptador para Cable (DisplayPort 1.4, HDMI 2.0b, Macho/Hembra…

So, somehow there is an issue on HDMI port on my Zotac, or an issue on LSPCON from Zotac, or an issue on Windows 10 Graphics drivers?

By the way, I am still using same HDMI 2.0b certified Cable with this converter. Also tested an expensive HDMI 2.1 Cable and same results.

Therefore, I am still not able to push HDR files/movies (HEVC/HDR10/BT.2020) from my PC to TV because when I try, screen goes black (tested with VLC and Cyberlink latest versions)... I need further research on this, because I am still having issues with Intel SGX reported and I am thinking is related to this. Neither Netflix Win10 APP is activating HDR, no issues with Atmos btw.

In other hand, I have bought an Intel NUC7I7DNH... I will test this device in parallel, if I get my issues solved with the NUC then I will throw the fire my Zotac even I want to get the issue solved...!

Regards,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, JaimeFdezCaro.

Once you have the opportunity to test the NUC, please share with us the results.

As previously mentioned, the Intel® HD Graphics controller should be able to handle the configuration you are looking for. I suggest you ask Zotac* Support if they can test that configuration with your device and share with you the results if this has not been performed.

Furthermore, if you have issues with the Intel® SGX, please open a ticket with our https://software.intel.com/en-us Developer Zone Team so they can assist you further.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Antony,

Yes I had the chance to test 2 different NUCs variants with same Windows configuration and installation (TV, cables, drivers, etc), in here my findings:

- NUC7i7DNHE (Intel UHD 620): HDR and WCG are working like a charm! Effortless, as expected, from the beginning!

- NUC7I5BNK (Iris Plus 640): HDR and WCG are NOT working on Win10 through HDMI port. I assured latest BIOS and drivers.

I also decided to send back to the store my Zotac and I am keeping that awesome NUC7i7DNHE

My conclusion is that LSPCon (maybe his firmware) is the culprit... on my Zotac and also on NUC7I5BNK.

Thanks for your support these days and best regards.

0 Kudos