Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Intel HD Control Panel Bugged

TMous
Beginner

I can't access various options on the intel HD control panel cause it has some issues.I'm using an Intel HD 4400 along with a GT 840m GPU.

This is how it looks like:

Also when i click on the Display it crashes.I tried to reinstall it but it didn't work.Can you help me fix that issue please?

7 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

It seems your computer is on switchable graphics, I would recommend removing any Intel and Nvidia graphics driver from windows control panel.

Re install the Intel graphics driver following the next steps:

1. Login with administrator privileges

2. Open Control Panel

3. Open Device Manager

4. Click on "Display adapters"

5. Double click "Intel HD Graphics"

6. Click on the "Driver" tab

7. Click on "Update Driver" button

8. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"

9. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

10. Click on "Have Disk" button

11. Click "Browse"

12. Navigate to the folder that you unzipped the Beta Intel HD Graphics driver to

13.Navigate to the Graphics sub-folder

14. Double click the igdlh64.inf or igdlh.inf file <-- depends on if you have 32 or 64 bit OS

15.Click "OK"

16. Click "Next" driver should now be installing.

17. If successful, click "Close"

Reboot.

Download the zip graphics driver here:https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=4th+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+4400 Intel® Download Center

Please obtain Nvidia driver from your computer manufacturer's web site and try again.

Allan.

MGust2
Novice

Hi,

I just found your post. You have the same type of bug I have described here: rc-1 has the same bug without any trace of third party drivers!

0 Kudos
ETsip
Beginner

Hello, I'm having the same issue here. I did as you told me, but nothing changed. The Intel HD Graphics control panel is still totally bugged. What else can I do?

0 Kudos
ETsip
Beginner

Here are some photos of some tabs of the Control Panel..

0 Kudos
ETsip
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
ETsip
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
ETsip
Beginner
posted a file.