Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 4000 - Directv2pc - screen capture protection not supported error

idata
Employee

I have the Lenovo Yoga 13 w/i7, 8GB RAM, and Integrated Intel HD 4000. The Directv2pc works no problem on other systems but not this new Lenovo. Any advice on how to enable the screen capture protection? Let me know if any debugging info is desired. Thanks.

0 Kudos
96 Replies
idata
Employee

> 1. Are you using the built-in display exclusively?

Yes, I have been...until now:

> 2. Can you hook up an external display, set it to primary - and see if you get the same results?

Same results.

> 3. What external display are you using?

A Dell P190S via RGB and an LG digital television 47LV5400 via HDMI. Both produce the same error message when trying to play content recorded on the DVR with DIRECTV2PC:

"DIRECTV2PC cannot display this video because your graphics card does not currently support screen capture protection for protected content. Try updating your graphics card driver or modify your driver settings."

> I think that the common element among all of us is the use of the integrated HD 4000 graphics engine and

> driver. It may just that DiretTV never updated their software to support the new Intel products.

Or if we take the error message at face value, the integrated HD 4000 graphics driver doesn't include a setting for screen capture protection for protected content, and the DIRECTV2PC software insists upon having such a setting.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Nic

I am on an touchscreen All-In-One Desktop (Sony Tap 20, SVJ20215CXW). There is no output that will allow me to utilize another display.

The error I get is the same as BW and KA have described, and is indeed in the DirectTV2PC app. I see the list of shows on my DVR, but when I go to play a show, the following error appears: "DIRECTV2PC cannot display this video because your graphics card does not currently support screen capture protection for protected content. Try updating your graphics card driver or modify your driver settings."

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Same issue here with Fujitsu Stylistic Q702, Core i3 3217u with 4gb RAM and Intel HD 4000 graphics. DirecTV2PC will not play because it says that the graphics card does not support screen capture protection. Driver version is 9.17.10.2932.

I also wanted to add that I have two other Windows 8 PCs in the house that run this software just fine. One is a Dell M6600 with i7 2720QM and AMD Radeon HD 6900M and the other is a Dell XPS 420 with Core 2 Extreme 9650 and AMD Radeon HD 3870.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

People have been having this issue for four months, and nothing has been done about it. I have decided that I will just use Netflix and HBO Go to watch movies from my new tablet, and will think twice about purchasing Intel anything in the future.
0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

One other thing that the DirecTV* tech informed me of, was that in order to view DVR content on your machine, you need to have the DVR and computer on the same network (you can't watch it on your iPhone across country, as an example).

Is everyone who is having the issue here, attempting to watch recorded TV from some place other than their home network connection? Or are you directly connected to your home network with the DVR?

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, the DirecTV2PC application only works on a local area network, not across the internet. My other two Windows 8 computers that function properly (and do not have Intel graphics) are located in my house.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Okay. I figured that was probably the case, but needed to ask anyways. I'm going to contact the DirecTV* folks again next week and see if I can't figure this out with them. Intel* created HDCP, which is why it's extra-confusing as to why a lack of content protection would be detected by the software!

Stay tuned, I will return!

-Nic

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, it is on the same network. If you read the problem reports carefully, I stated that I have no problem viewing the DVR content list and viewing SD content .. only the HD content generates the green screen.

My other concern is whether Intel HD 4000 driver is compatible with viewing Blu-Ray content. Does anyone have a Blu-Ray player on the PC that is having problems with DIRECTV2PC and can you view Blu-Ray movies on that player via the integrated Intel graphics engine? I don't have one but was planning on getting one in the near future.

0 Kudos
MHorn2
Beginner

@nic: All my laptops stay at home, if they do leave the house it is not to watch DirecTV2PC. For me, it was already implied that the DVR could not stream across the internet, only across the home network within the same subnet. In other words, yes I am trying to stream over the home network on the same subnet. I'm pretty sure the DVR is not capable of streaming to a different subnet (at least not yet).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, Nic. We wouldn't even be able to "see" our DVRs if not on the same LAN.

0 Kudos
MHorn2
Beginner

It's so annoying that I can't use my newer computer that's powerful enough to run DirecTV2PC and yet can't even use it because of some stupid thing called Screen Capture Protection. Is it too much to ask for Intel and DirecTV to work together to solve this annoying problem instead of putting blame on the other company of why it doesn't work?

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Sorry for the delay everyone. Contact with DirecTV has been made, we're just waiting on a reply so we can get things started.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

My sentiments, too .. is anybody out there?

Has Intel communicated with Directv about Directv2pc problems with HD 4000 drivers?

I don't think there is any motivation on the part of Directv to do anything to fix Directv2pc .. after all, they are more than happy to sell you their Nomad device and service that accomplishes pretty much the same thing.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi everyone. We're still working on this issue. I'll let you know if/when we come up with a solution!

Thanks for your patience,

-Nic

0 Kudos
MHorn2
Beginner

Nic, just chiming in to update you on my non-Intel Toshiba. It's no longer a problem with just Intel. My old Toshiba (the X205) is now receiving the same message on occasion on an nVidia display that never had that problem until this month. Though it's not permantent, the message has popped up a few times on a graphics card that was fully supported. I think it's time for me to pester DirecTV about the problem that is happening on two different graphics cards, especially since one never had the problem until this month.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Thanks for that information Mark. Just as an overall status update to everyone; I've recently learned that the DirecTV2PC app is actually supported by Cyberlink* not DirecTV themselves. This issue is being looked into with Cyberlink* now and I'll let you all know when I have some good information.

Thanks again,

-Nic

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone, I have a bit of an update for you about this situation.

A potential work around has been discovered, which may/may not fix your issue, you need only try and let me know what your results are here.

Right click your Desktop -> Personalization.

Select a "High Contrast Theme" from the selections that are labeled as such.

@Tzarigor: You're the only one running Win7* in this issue, so I'm not 100% sure this will fix your problem.

Everyone though, if you can - please let me know the results of this testing.

Thank you again for your patience!

-Nic

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@nic: On Standard Def media, it plays after selecting a "High Contrast Theme". High Def media shows a Green Screen only with audio playing.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Thanks BW. Can you provide a copy of your GMCP report? Ctrl + Alt + F12 -> Options And Support -> Information Center -> Save

I want to see if your using LVDS or eDP.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Nic, this gives me the same outcome as BW. Here's my GMCP report output:

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Report Date: 2/14/2013

Report Time[hh:mm:ss]: 15:01:41

Driver Version: 9.17.10.2932

Operating System: Windows 8 (6.2.9200)

Default Language: English (United States)

DirectX* Version: 11.0

Physical Memory: 7893 MB

Processor: Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9

Processor Speed: 2494 MHz

Vendor ID: 8086

Device ID: 0166

Device Revision: 09

* Processor Graphics Information *

Processor Graphics in Use: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Video BIOS: 0.0

Current Graphics Mode: 1366 by 768

* Devices Connected to the Graphics Accelerator *