Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 530 Resize Issue?

Steve_Q_
Beginner

We have a legacy video editing product that uses direct X to render video to the screen (EVR).  We recently noticed that our application does not handle mixed media raster's as it did before (HD Graphics 4600 and earlier worked fine, HD Graphics 510 and newer do not).  We allocate a single direct X device and allocate the largest buffer we might need up front, then use it when resolutions change (the texture size normally works fine here when blitting to the target window).  From the behavior we are seeing, it looks like the blits are ignoring the source texture size and are defaulting to the full size of the back-buffer instead.  If we start with a 1080p source, then switch to a 720p source, the 720p source is not resized up in the target window, but is left in the upper left corner of our window with the old 1080p video in the background.  I believe this is a driver bug, unique to the new hardware.  We don't see this behavior on our 4600 or older systems, or on other graphics subsystems (NVidia, ATX).  Please advise if a test sample is required.

Steve

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steve_Q_
Beginner

Looks like the problem in this case was with the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel -> Image Scaling -> Disable setting.  With this set to Enable our application resizes correctly.  Not sure what the context of this setting is supposed to be, but not resizing when the software expects it is probably not a good option :).

Steve

0 Kudos
alex78
New Contributor I

Hi Steve,

as I already mentioned in our bug report https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/graphics-driver-bug-reporting/topic/604045 your suggestion to turn on Image Scaling worked perfectly and restored EVR's correct behaviour. Therefore, I think that your and our bug report can be merged to one issue and the Intel guys can use our test case that we have already uploaded for both bug reports.

Have a nice day.

Alex

0 Kudos
Michael_C_Intel2
Employee

Hi All,

Yes I believe these are linked issues as well, lets see what our driver teams finds out.

-Michael

0 Kudos