Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 620 Driver with Windows 1909 upgrade no HDMI sound out of ASUS HDMI Port; Model: ASUS: UX330UAK

KHoop
Beginner

After Windows 10 1909 Upgrade, I get no sound out of the HDMI port. The HDMI device (TV in my case) does not show up I only see the PC speakers as a default under audio devices.

Note that a new Intel 2019-10-07 Intel HD Graphics 620 Driver 26.20.100.7325 loaded with Windows 10 1909 Upgrade on Feb 20,2020.  I updated all possible drivers uninstalled and reinstalled. Did not help. It appears to me the HD Graphics 620 driver not the RealTek audio that is the issue. I had to roll back windows to Version 1803 and that worked. The driver installed before the upgrade was 2017-10-17 Intel HD Graphics 620 Driver 22.20.16.4836. When I rolled Windows 10 back it reinstalled that same Graphics Driver. So I tried to upgrade to the latest 620 Driver using windows and it installed 2019-10-07 Intel HD Graphics 620 Driver 26.20.100.7325 and the problem returned.

MY Laptop is as Follows:

Model: ASUS: UX330UAK

OS Name         Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 1803 Installed 2018-04-30 Build 17134.1304

Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2904 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)       16.0 GB

System Type    x64-based PC

BIOS Version/Date      American Megatrends Inc. UX330UAK.311, 2018-04-19

Is anyone else aware of this. Is there a fix in the works? I have thought of upgrading windows to 1909 version and then uninstalling the driver and trying to reload the old Intel 2019-10-07 Intel HD Graphics 620 Driver 26.20.100.7325 diver manually. I was not able to roll back the driver after windows upgraded I had to roll back windows version so I don’t know if this will work.

Appreciate your thoughts.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello KHoop

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Checking the details we found out that the driver that is working fine based on your comments is driver version 22.20.16.4836. After checking ASUS* website, we noticed that this driver is actually the latest customized driver available from your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) ASUS*. Since the driver or software for your Intel® component might have been changed or replaced by the OEM, we usually recommend using the customized OEM driver so you don’t lose features or customizations.

If the issue persists after upgrading Windows® to version 1909, you may try a clean install of the OEM driver following these steps:

1-  Download the latest Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) driver* and save it on the computer.

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS-ZenBook-UX330UA/HelpDesk_Download/

2- Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update.

3- Uninstall any graphics driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel (if there is any) from Windows® Apps & Features.

4-  Restart the computer.

5-  Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" >> if not, repeat steps 2 through. 

6- If the adapter continues to be listed as "Intel HD Graphics" or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under "Programs and Features" for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager:

6.1- Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device'

6.2- In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked.

6.3- Click on 'Uninstall'.

6.4- Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1 through 6.4 until the device gets listed as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")

7- Install the driver that was downloaded in step 1.

8- Restart the computer.

9- Reconnect to the Internet.

Note: If you still want to install a newer version of the driver, you may repeat the previous steps and try our latest generic driver, which can be downloaded from the below link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29426/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=96551

It is worth mentioning that OEMs have access to our generic drivers' database and they can grab, customize and make public newer drivers, so we recommend you contacting ASUS* and request a newer driver in case of issues persists. Also, if Windows® is still pushing to update the driver via Windows® update (which we are not sure where that driver is coming from since driver version 26.20.100.732 is not one of the generic drivers available at downloadcenter.intel.com/ ) we recommend you to check this behavior further with Microsoft® Support.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello KHoop

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post and try the steps provided. Should you have additional inquiries, please let us know.

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
KHoop
Beginner
Thanks so much. I just got ready to do everything you suggested and launched the Windows 10 1909 update again. Installer crashed a few times and found a few CMD commands online to help with that and 1909 eventually installed with the driver (Intel HD Graphics 620 Driver 26.20.100.7325) it was using when my HDMI failed to give me audio on my TV. But this time all worked fine so I did not have to delete and do a fresh install of the older OEM driver you suggested. I have your procedure tough so if this happens again I will surely try that. Thanks so much for your support.
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello KHoop

Thank you for your response and the feedback provided. We are glad to know that now all is working fine after you run again the Windows® 1909 update. Should you have additional inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us back.

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos