Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 620 & Video playback on Chrome

JS_1
Beginner

I have a Dell XPS 9360 and for some reason the video playback on chrome is not smooth - can someone suggest a solution? I have disabled Hardware acceleration which helped but sometimes when I try to load a video it crashes and I have to reload a second time before it begins to play normally. Having to constantly do this hinders a smooth playback experience. I don't believe this happens in the other browsers.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You should use ONLY the drivers from Dell for your laptop. Contact dell for support of your laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos
JS_1
Beginner
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Use the dell supplied driver, as they may have modified the generic Intel driver.

Also, dell is solely responsible for support of your laptop, not Intel.

Doc

0 Kudos
JS_1
Beginner

I'm not saying Intel is responsible - I'm asking to see if anyone has suggested solutions as it was recommended I ask on here. Dell isn't going to know everything. When I asked Dell support about it they immediately assumed motherboard even though it was brand new. My laptop works relatively smoothly now(after making some tweaks and d'ling/waiting for updates). Youtube videos just crash every once and a while upon initial page load(only in CHROME - not FireFox or IE). It's usually quickly resolved by a page refresh. It would be even better though if it didn't happen at all. 👍

0 Kudos
JS_1
Beginner

How do I submit a bug report to Intel ?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You need to work with Dell. If they determine that there is a problem with the intel driver, they will work with Intel.

Doc

0 Kudos
JS_1
Beginner

Why would I work with Dell when the problem seems to be in the Chrome Browser

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Because it is a dell laptop and they are responsible for your support. Or, contact google. Your choice.

Doc

0 Kudos
JS_1
Beginner

Or I should contact Intel who actually makes the graphics card in the device

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

As I have provided you multiple times, dell is responsible for your support, not Intel. You paid dell for the laptop, which included warranty and support. It is not an Intel laptop, but a dell laptop. They are the integrator, and you paid them for support. Think about what you are asking - every machine that has an intel processor and graphics cannot get support from intel. This is why the manufacturer/integrator of the device (e.g. dell), provides support for THEIR PRODUCT.

And, the reason you should use only Dell's driver, is that it has likely been modified to work with their hardware. This is especially the case if you have dual graphics.

The best that can be done here is to point you to the latest Intel generic driver. If it does not work, contact DELL.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28991/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

Doc

0 Kudos
JS_1
Beginner

Intel has Support Assist software that checks your machine for latest running drivers if you didn't know already

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Oh, I am aware of that tool, which is intended for Intel boards. So, what does that have to do with this discussion and your chrome issue?

I have informed you multiple times of how to get the proper support.

Doc

0 Kudos
JS_1
Beginner

Because you keep re-directing me to Dell when I already told you what they thought about the issue. Why would Intel have this type of software, ability to download drivers yourself and/or community forums if it was inappropriate to ask Intel ?

0 Kudos
JS_1
Beginner

I might try your suggestion about informing Google about it

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Good, and while you are at it, disable/remove plugins in chrome. And, what anti-virus are you using?

Doc

0 Kudos