Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 630 latest driver distorts video clips when imported in Premiere Pro CC 2017

KSant2
Beginner

Hello,

As we know the most common fix when we get a distorted green with purple bars and scan lines after importing a non-corrupted video clip that plays without problem on any video player is by changing the video clip extension from .mp4 to .mpg or disabling hardware acceleration in Premiere. I was rushing a presentation earlier this morning, that was presented a few hours ago, when I encountered the problem but the recommended solutions did not change anything. Seriously, I know you know the hassle of something impeding your workflow when you're against time. At first I tried to export the clips just to see whether it was just Premiere's playback that was malfunctioning. I even went through the hassle of reinstalling Premiere. It was such a pain. Then I recalled, the previous driver displayed anomalies and glitches even when watching movies on my PC as well as issues with some games. With the latest drivers I have had no issues with games, just minor hiccups on videos when played back until with the problem I encountered earlier this morning. Cutting to the chase, I rolled back to an earlier driver 23.20.16.4944 and viola, I restarted Premiere and the issue was non-evident as if it never occurred. But that's not much of a fix, is it now? Well, I know there won't be any quick fix to this issue as of now, so I'm merely reporting that please look into it and include a fix when you release a new driver update. I don't know if it's an isolated case on my part.

Sincerely,

kevsan

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello kevsan

Thank you for joining the community and for the feedback provided.

Cloud you let us know the version of drivers that make this situation happened?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
KSant2
Beginner

Hello,

sorry took time to reply.

I encountered the problem with 15.65. I rolled back to 15.60 and the problem went away.

Regards,

kevsan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kevsan

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
KSant2
Beginner

Hello,

Well if it would be good if I could use the latest drivers without the issue I'm having with it when previewing and editing in Premiere Pro. You see, I thought the preview was just messed up so I tried rendering the video but after encoding, the video looked just like the preview. I'm not sure if you can replicate this issue on your side. I have 8gb of 2400Mhz system memory in dual channel, i3-7100, 2TB hdd, have a very decent cooling solution, temps are ok so no way because it's malfunctioning because of overheating. I don't have any other peripherals that might have caused the issue. I don't have a video card. I deduced it as a driver issue since everything else is ok and the only thing I changed was updating the to the latest driver 15.65 and had this issue with Premiere and "fixed" the problem by rolling back. Which isn't really to be considered a solution.

I know the likely scenario if you would render videos, it's not recommended to use an i3 and without a graphics card but I work with what I have.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kevsan

Thank you for your response.

Allow me to share with you that I was able to replicate the situation on my end. I want to analyze the variables in your system as part of the investigation process, for that please fill up the information on the following link /thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761, this will help me to continue the investigation.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
RVill13
Beginner

Hello Leonardo intel_corp

I am encountering the same bug as kevsan but with Premiere Pro CC 2018 (up to date as of May, 30th 2018).

=> I initially encountered the bug back in March, when I guess what happened is my Win 10 system automatically updated the display driver.

Symptom : video clips display (and export) riddled with distortion and green and purple lines in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018.

At first I couldn't understand where the bug was coming from, and I reinstalled my whole OS, which was not painless, but solved it.

=> Yesterday I tried to update the intel display driver (first with the last one Gigabyte provides for my motherboard, 24.20.100.6025), and the bug reappeared

I then went to Intel's support site to try the most up to date driver (24.20.100.6094), and the bug was still there.

After finding this message thread, I could solve the problem by installing 15.60.2.4901 (from Intel's support site), as recommended by kevsan.

=> I have to add that the bug wasn't occurring in DaVinci Resolve or VLC

=> I'll send you ASAP the info requested.

Hope this will help solve the bug very soon.

Best regards.

R.

0 Kudos
RVill13
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

With the recent graphics drivers for Intel HD 630 (at least from ~ Feb/March 2018 versions, up to version 24.20.100.6094),

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018's display and export of video clips is garbled with distortion/duplicate ghosting, bad color, and moving green and purple lines.

workaround: revert back to driver version 15.60.2.4901

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD5

Intel i7-7700K

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Integrated Intel HD 630 only (no discrete gfx card)

<td style="padding: 0 5.4pt; border-top: none; border-right: 1pt solid windowtext; border-bottom: 1pt solid windowtext; border-left: none; fon...
0 Kudos
RVill13
Beginner

Additional diags and video of the bug

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello rvfrance

Thank you for joining the community and for all the information provided allow me to investigate the case, I will be posting back when news becomes available.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello rvfrance

Thank you for your response,

Looking into your case I would like you to try the new driver release for your Intel® 630 HD graphics version 24.20.100.6136, please follow these steps in order to update the graphics driver:
  1. Download the graphics driver ZIP file: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27847/a08/win64_24.20.100.6136.zip https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27847/a08/win64_24.20.100.6136.zip
  2. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
  3. Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
  4. Click "Yes" when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
  5. Expand the Display adapters section.
  6. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
  7. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
  8. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
  9. Click "Have Disk".
  10. Click "Browse".
  11. Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".
  12. Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".
  13. Click Open, then click OK, and finally click "Next". Drivers are now being installed.
  14. Reboot your computer.
  15. And let me know if you have any issues with the installation.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
RVill13
Beginner

Hello Leonardo,

I just installed 24.20.100.6136, and so far, the bug is not appearing anymore in Premiere Pro !

I'll keep using this new driver version and will give you some feedback if there is any problem.

Thanks a lot for your quick help !

R.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kevsan

I was checking your case and would like to know if you have been able to fill up de information.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos