Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics Control Panel - does not remember profile - Dell XPS 9560 - Win10 (1909) + a possible BUG

UHipp
Beginner

[UPDATE 20 May 2020]

I managed to solve the problem. See my step-by-step instructions further down in my post.

[Original post]

Hi!

The Intel HD Graphics Control Panel does not remember my adjustments. Each time I restart my machine, I need to do the following to get my customised color settings back:

1) Open the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel

2) Go to 'Color Settings'

3) Select my custom profile and click 'apply'

[At this point the colours are screwed up big time and way oversaturated. To 'work around' this issue I then do the following.]

4) In Dell PremierColor, I click on any of the profiles, e.g. 'Internet (sRGB)' or 'HD Video (Rec. 709)'. This seems to 'reset' the colours so that the colours actually look like they are supposed to.

Question:

What can I do to make the Intel Graphics Panel load my profile. It is the only profile that I created

POSSIBLE BUG in Intel HD Graphics Control Panel

When I close the Intel panel and reopen it, the saturation slider (under Display --> Color controls section) is back at '0' but the colors are shown as if it was on '-14', which is what I set the slider to in my profile. Hence, there probably is a bug in the value read-out for this slider. The slider does not update its position as per the value set the last time the graphics panel was open.

My system:

Dell XPS 9650, 4K UHD

Intel HD 630 and Nvidia 1050

Latest Intel drivers and latest Dell drivers

Win10 Home (1909) incl. all updates

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello UHipp,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the following information:

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report.

1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

DxDiag report.

1. Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R.
  2. On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK.
  3. On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information.
  4. Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello UHipp,

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello UHipp,

We have not heard back from, so we will close this thread. If you need further assistance, please create a new thread, we will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
UHipp
Beginner

[SOLVED] - Intel HD Graphics Control Panel - does not remember profile - Dell XPS 9560 - Win10 (1909)

What I did:

1. Uninstalled Dell PremierColor
  2. Uninstalled the Intel HD 630 driver in Windows' Device Manager, with the 'deleting the driver' option ticked. [This driver came with the Dell's installer for the Intel HD graphics card.]
  3. Immediately after step 2, I search for 'Changed hardware' in the Device Manager --> Windows installed a default driver for the Intel 630 device; I did NOT restart the computer although Windows asked me to do so.
  4. Downloaded and installed Intel's latest driver Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers
  5. With the Intel driver, Intel Graphics Command Center is installed. In there, one can adjust the saturation and color brightness for each color.

Now, my display seems to be reasonably colour accurate. The colours are now much more accurate than ever before using Dell's PremierColor. (And I had spent quite some time with all that.)

NOTE: Before the above, what is important is to first install the Intel 630 driver provided by Dell and Dell PremierColor. Because, if I'm correct, a color profile file named 'CalibratedDisplayProfile-1.icc' comes with one of these two. This profile should be selected in Windows under 'Display Settings' --> 'Color Profile'.