Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics Driver Out of Date?

JKowa5
Beginner

I am trying to work out whether I have the most 'up to date' graphics driver possible for my laptop (which is about 3-4 years old at least).

Laptop: Advent Monza T200

Operating System: Windows 10

Processor: Intel Celeron 847 1.10GHz

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics

Graphics Driver Version: 9.17.10.4459

I used to use the laptop for gaming about 2 years ago but stopped. Now I'm trying to get back into those same games and have found that they are incredibly slow - even with graphics at minimal. Some of the games tell me that my "graphics drivers are 597 days old" - which would match the date being shown as my driver date (5/19/2016). The problem is that when I go to intel to update my graphics driver, none of the ones I try (which I believe match my specifications) will successfully download because it tells me I don't "meet minimum requirements". When I try using the intel driver and support assistant, it tells me that there are no updates available. How can my graphics drivers be 597 days old with no updates available? Have intel stopped releasing graphics driver updates for my graphics card/processor?

I believe the driver I have is this: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24971/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-64-bit Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8-64-bit - although it shows as 15.28.24.64.4229 it also states "(9.17.10.4229)" - but it gives a date of 6/5/2015, which contradicts the date showing on my system? When I try to download this driver it tells me that my "computer currently contains driver versions newer than the versions you are about to install."

I am resigned to the fact that I will probably have to purchase a new laptop in order to get a better gaming experience, but I just wanted to check whether I was missing anything obvious first. I'd appreciate any advice or assistance on whether I actually do have the most up to date graphics driver available to me or, if not, how I can go about installing one more up to date.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

According to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005526/graphics-drivers.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products your legacy SandyBridge GPU is not supported by Intel under Windows 10.

The driver you have currenty installed has been provided by Microsoft and is the only one available.

0 Kudos
LAbbo
Beginner

I have the same query and would like more info. My gaming manufacturer (Big Fish) after performing a diagnostics, directed me to an update for my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1, Toshiba Portege that has the Intel (R) HD Graphics 3000 installed; Driver Date 7/13/2015, Version 9.17.104229. When I tried to make the recommended installation I received this error message: "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the win64_15.36344889.exe software." All devices I have checked say, "The device is working properly."

My real question is what, other than the graphics driver, would prevent my computer from downloading new games and not responding when clicking on a downloaded game. If the device is working properly, but is no longer supported by Intel, can that still be why I can no longer download and install these games?

As an aside, I ran this computer in Safe Mode and was able to open two games, Scrabble and Burger Shop 2. The former has no graphics to speak of. The latter has limited graphics. , Unfortunately, I do not know what to do with this information to fix the problem.

Thank you for letting me tag on to the original post for this issue.

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

...Intel (R) HD Graphics 3000...

When I tried to make the recommended installation I received this error message: "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the win64_15.36344889.exe software."

HD 3000 is a 2nd generation GPU (code name SandyBridge)

Driver 15.36.34.4889 is for 4th generation GPUs (code name Haswell) as described at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27441/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-15-36-?product=81496 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows 7*/8.1* [15.36]

0 Kudos
LAbbo
Beginner

Thank you, Stefan, for your speedy reply.

0 Kudos
LAbbo
Beginner

Just one more thing if you can answer this.

Does getting the message that "the device is working properly" mean that the driver is not the problem regarding downloading and opening the games?

Thanks, again.

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Device manager exposes this message for every successfully installed hardware. Check your mouse, network adapter, whatever.

This does not mean that a driver is free from bugs.

0 Kudos
LAbbo
Beginner

Thank you so much, Stefan. I will check these out.

0 Kudos
WCall
Beginner

Intel HD 3000 4k custom resolution.pngI have a 5 year old Inspiron laptop with the i3 2.40ghz 2370m processor and Intel HD 3000 graphics card. It NEVER made the list as being supported for Windows 10 by Dell or Intel. I UPGRADED ANYWAY to Windows 10 when it was released. I have had a great experience with only a few driver issues. Mostly during the first year W10 was released. Last few months I've been using a 4k HDR TV as my primary display w/HDMI. I noticed when I 1st connected it with the newer 2.0 HDMI cable the card read the resolutions it could use that my TV supports like wider xvYCC EXTENDED GAMUT. The result is a wider and deeper range of color overall.  

TODAY I SUCCESSFULLY SET A CUSTOM RESOLUTION WITHIN THE INTEL GRAPHICS AND MEDIA CONTROL PANEL TO 3840X21260, REFRESH 30HZ, CVT-RB TIMING. I tried many different refresh rates but 30hz is highest the card accepted. I'll see over the next few weeks how the lower refresh affects viewing. I HOPE THIS HELPS OTHERS WHO MIGHT HAVE A SIMILAR SITUATION! I WAS THINKING OF GETTING A NEWER COMPUTER THAT SUPPORTS 4K BEFORE I TRIED THIS! THE DRIVER IS 9.17.10.4459   

Intel HD 3000 4k resolution.png

0 Kudos