Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics Drivers causing crashing, freezing and screen artefacts

JFran28
Beginner

I have recently updated an ASUS TP500LN to windows 10 and have installed all new drivers yet the laptop crashes/ turns off after a minute or so after being booted. I have reinstalled windows 4 times and tried 4 different versions of the graphics drivers (Version 15.40.42.5063, Version 15.40.26.4474, Version 15.40.4.64.4256) with all the same results. Once I disable the driver the laptop works fine. I have looked on the manufacturers website with no luck finding drivers for the laptop.

System Information:

• Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
  • System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
  • System Model: TP500LN
  • BIOS: TP500LN.203 (type: UEFI)
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
  • Memory: 12288MB RAM

Attached Files

Dx Diag

SSU

Intel HD Graphics Report

Graphics Bug Report

Image of issue

Thanks

Jack

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28662/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81016

Try "other versions" listed at bottom left.

Since you have a laptop with NVIDIA Optimus technology, try different GeForce drivers as well. You are using an outdated one at the moment.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JFran28, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. Were you able to check Stefan's post? Let me know if you need more assistance. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JFran28, Please contact us if you have any additional questions. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JFran28
Beginner

Hey DavidV,

I have tested a few more intel hd graphics versions and updated my Nvidia graphics drivers, I have also tried updating my bios but haven't been able to yet. But the problem still persists I am open to suggestions and will keep trying different things in the meantime.

Regards,

Jack

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Hi JFran28, Thank you very much for sharing those details. Once you get the chance please update the BIOS and let us know the results so we can further assist you. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JFran28
Beginner

Hi Alberto R,

I tried updating the BIOS but the BIOS version was for a TP500LNG and mine is a TP500LN so it didn't work, and the other version for my laptop was the same so I already have the most recent. After that I kept looking around and found a forum thread that said to run the drivers for compatibility on previous versions of windows so I ran it on compatibility for windows 8 and worked for a bit longer before crashing. I then tried again later and the laptop ran for a solid 30mins (on a game) and didn't crash. A couple of hours later I try again and the laptop crashes a few minutes after boot so I disable the drivers and works again for a couple of hours before crashing. So now I think it may not be the drivers but a power issue. So I will keep trying new things and try to diagnose it and fix it. In the meantime feel free to suggest anything.

Regards Jack

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JFran28, Thank you for your response. If you believe the issue to be related to power rather than the drivers then feel free to contact Asus* so they can assist you further with the power configuration needed for optimal performance. Now, something you can try if you haven't yet is to change the power plan to "High Performance", this can be done by going to "settings" > "system" > "power & sleep" > "additional power settings". Over there you should be able to see the power plans available, try changing the power plan to high performance and reboot your system. Try with a game as well to see if the crash happens. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JFran28
Beginner

Hey DavidV

I have tried it on high performance mode with no luck. I will try on the ASUS or Microsoft support and hopefully I find a fix. If you guys wish to close this case its fine with me, thankyou for all the help.

Regards Jack

0 Kudos