Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20624 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics Xrandr Rotate Issue

Sonic
Beginner

Im an owner of Chuwi Hi10 Pro tablet (notebook).

Tech specs:

CPU: Intel Atom Z8350, x64 bit, 1.8 GHz

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 12EU Gen8LP 500MHz

RAM: 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM

The most relevant dist for this PC is Fedora, as it has most drivers loaded automatically from beginning. The only problem which havent been solved for a long time is screen rotation. This tablet has 1200x1920 screen resolution set by BIOS, so that screen needs to be rotated in OSes. Intel Mesa drivers automatically load and work perfect in native (1200x1920) resolution. But when I use "xrandr --rotate right" option, GPU perfomance gets quite low. Moving windows on desktop gives different glitches. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Sonic, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. Keep in mind that Intel has not validated the use of Linux distributions so we do not provide support directly with issues like this. In order to get the best assistance I would recommend you to get in contact with your distribution's support forums which you can find in the link below: https://fedoraforum.org/ You can also confirm with the manufacturer of your system to see if the operating system is supported and if so, they can assist you further with this. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Sonic
Beginner

I will not get any assistance at Fedora Forum as described problem with Intel HD binded to firmware problem. It exists in any Linux distribution. Chuwi support doesnt have valid firmware for Linux Intel HD as it is manufactured by Intel and automatically installed in kernel. So nobody, except of Intel, can help me and other community to get working rotation in X org sessions.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Sonic, Thank you for your response. We provide generic drivers for use with Windows* but not with Linux* since most Linux-based* distributions include Intel® Graphics Drivers. Contact your operating system vendor (OSV) and use their distribution for driver access and support. Also, keep in mind that if your system manufacturer does not have support for Linux distributions then it means that the system is not mean to work with Linux and thus means that there is no driver support that could address the situation. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos