Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20601 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics on Surface Pro 3 causes game stutter.

AAbou1
Beginner

So, I am using a SP3, and my friend told me to install win64_154037.4835.zip, which is a driver update to get the Intel HD Graphics driver.

I installed it, and after rebooting and configuring out, I jumped into a game to test it out like CS:GO. As I launched CS:GO, the resolution was what i needed, 4:3 stretched. But then, I noticed something unusual.

The top part of the game was tearing and it kept happening. I didn't know what to do, so I asked my friend and he said he had never faced the problem before.

I realised that it wasn't because of my game, it was because of the Intel HD Graphics driver. I am confused on what to do, so I came here to see if I could get an answer that'll make me happy and fix the issue.

Kind regards,

Adrian.

(I've left my DXDIAG.TXT file here incase.)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello zKoNN,

I understand that you are experiencing issues in-game after a graphics driver update.

Regarding this, first I would like to say that we supply generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers can change the features, incorporate customization, or make other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. To avoid potential installation incompatibilities, we recommend that you first check with your computer manufacturer and use the driver software provided.

So in this case, what I can recommend you to do is the following:

1 - Go to "Device Manager" > "Display Adapters".

2 - Right-click on the Intel ® Adapter and select "Uninstall".

3 - Reboot the system.

4 - Download the drivers update from Microsoft's* site which you can find in the following link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38826 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38826

( Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there.)

5 - Let the drivers install and reboot the system.

Once the steps have been followed, please try the game again to see if the stuttering has stopped, let us know the outcome.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello zKoNN,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos