Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics , windows 10 64-bit

narizpe
Novice

Hello, I recently uninstalled my graphics drive because it was giving my computer problems. I want to know how to reinstall a graphics driver that supports OpenGL so I can play Minecraft. My computer has already crashed once and I don't want that to happen again.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

In order to get better information about your system, please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post.

Leon

narizpe
Novice
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Its time to upgrade your hardware.

There is no Intel Graphics Driver to support Intel® HD Graphics 2000 on Windows 10.  The Graphics Driver version 9.17.10.4459 is the latest driver from Microsoft that supports your CPU and Windows 10.

The latest driver released by Intel is version 15.28.24.4229 and supports Windows 7 and 8 only.

Leon

narizpe
Novice
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You need to purchase an add-in PCIe graphics card and use that for your gaming and OpenGL software. You will have to stay with an older card, as modern cards are likely not supported by your motherboard's BIOS. I might suggest that you try using an NVIDIA GT 730, NVIDIA GT 710 or some other (older) NVIDIA card.

Hope this helps,

...S

LeonWaksman
Super User

PCIe Graphics Adapter may be a good solution for you, however the 300W Power Supply in your PC, may be very marginal for this purpose. So, check the adapter power requirements.

Leon

n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes, good point!

...S

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @narizpe

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. We hope that the assistance provided by the community has been helpful.

Also, we would like to inform you that due to the Intel® HD Graphics 2000 has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

You can verify this product's discontinuance status at the following links:

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos