Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20985 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics

sbask1
Beginner

I have recently update my Dell laptop to Windows 8.1. After updating to 8.1, Intel graphics also automatically updated to Intel HD graphics but when I open it doesn't open and AMD graphics also shows error message. So I uninstall both drivers and download a new drivers from Dell website. After installing new Intel HD graphics it shows two graphics properties options and two graphics options with different logo and still I can't open Intel graphics control panel.

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Marvin_L_Intel
Employee

Hello subash@mechc,

Please uninstall all Intel Graphics driver related programs that appear on your computer. You can see them under Control Panel - Programs - Programs and Features and then search for them and uninstall, again, Intel Graphics related programs only.

After you do that you can download the driver that appears on the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24973/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64-bit Intel® Download Center

Please note that those software drivers are generic versions and can be used for general purposes. However, computer original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided by your system manufacturer. Intel and the computer original equipment manufacturer (OEM) may not provide technical support for some or all issues that could arise from the usage of this generic version of software drivers.

If the driver does not work please get another update version from Dell, which is the manufacturer of your computer and they are fully responsible of the support of your computer as well.

If you have more questions please let me know.

Regards,

marving_intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sbask1
Beginner

My processor is Intel I5-3337U and Intel graphics 4000

0 Kudos
Marvin_L_Intel
Employee

Hello subash@mechc,

Please uninstall all Intel Graphics driver related programs that appear on your computer. You can see them under Control Panel - Programs - Programs and Features and then search for them and uninstall, again, Intel Graphics related programs only.

After you do that you can download the driver that appears on the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24973/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64-bit Intel® Download Center

Please note that those software drivers are generic versions and can be used for general purposes. However, computer original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided by your system manufacturer. Intel and the computer original equipment manufacturer (OEM) may not provide technical support for some or all issues that could arise from the usage of this generic version of software drivers.

If the driver does not work please get another update version from Dell, which is the manufacturer of your computer and they are fully responsible of the support of your computer as well.

If you have more questions please let me know.

Regards,

marving_intel

0 Kudos