I have been dealing with this issue for a pretty long time now and honestly do not even remember the cause of the issue. I have a dell inspiron 7000 gaming laptop with an i7 7th gen processor. Currently I have been using the laptop for the past 3 months or so without the intel graphics drivers enabled because everytime i try and enable them, i get a blue scree video TDR failure. I have tried uninstalling, and reinstalling windows, factory resetting, downloading different driver versions and none of it has worked. I even sent it into a dell service center for diagnostics and they hardware came back fine. Any advice or tips would be great.
What Version of Windows 10 are you using? 1809?
Do you have dual graphics?
Tip: Use ONLY the drivers provided by DELL for your laptop.
Note: Dell is solely responsible for support of your laptop, not intel.
OK, you should upgrade to 1809. However, 1903 will be available very soon, so you may want to wait.
Now, it is imperative that you use ONLY THE DRIVERS FOR BOTH INTEL AND NVIDIA GRAPHICS provided by DELL. You must do this because any switching between the graphics requires the customizations to the drivers that Dell has made.
So i have downloaded 1809 and after trying to install the graphics driver my screen turns black, like it is trying to switch to the intel graphics, and then it crashes after a few seconds.
After you get all of the updates for 1809, do this:
You would need to remove all of the Intel and Nvidia drivers.
- To do this, I would download the latest Intel and nvidia drivers from Dell.
- Then, I would disconnect from the net (disable or unplug)
- Next, in the device manager, I would uninstall each adapter with the delete box checked, which will require a restart.
- Do this until you get to the "microsoft basic display adapter" for both adapters.
- Then, install the intel and nvida drivers you downloaded. There is an order, but I cannot remember which is first. Sorry, but you may confirm the order with dell.
- Once both adapters are installed, reconnect to the net.
Currently i have the microsoft display adapter drivers for both slots, however, the slot that the intel graphics driver is usually in has an error and says it is not working properly. I am going to try and download the drivers from dell now.
After reinstalling the drivers i never got a blue screen error, but my laptop would not boot into windows. Eventually it ran a hardware test and i booted it into safe mode, disabled the drivers and then restarted my laptop and it booted up fine.
So i have the same problem from the beginning, since my laptop will not boot up when i have the intel graphics drivers enabled i cannot play any games or even change my screen brightness or power settings.