Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Intel Iris 650 with Windows 8.1

CChan83
Beginner

I have a Intel NUC7i7BNH unit I just bought and I was wondering if anyone had any success getting the Iris Pro 650 VGA drivers to work with Windows 8.1? I know it's not officially supported but I saw others on another post with the 620/630 video card get the windows 10 only drivers to work. The only thing is that it's only for the 620/630 and not for the 650. I got Windows 8.1 installed fine on the unit but the VGA driver is the main one that I can't get the driver for. Google results show nothing about anyone getting the Iris 650 to work on Windows 8.1

The other posts I found:

I was hoping that someone else has gotten it to work here and can share their results here.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello infinexus,

Thank you for contacting us, I was reading your thread and I know that you need the assistance to work on Windows 8.1, as you already know this Intel® NUC support Windows 10 only, you can confirm this information in the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005628/mini-pcs.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005628/mini-pcs.html

What I can recommend is waiting until another community peer may be able to provide you any other work around.

I hope you can find the information you need

Regards,

Ciany C.

0 Kudos
CChan83
Beginner

I understand that it's only Windows 10 support but I wanted to ask the community to see if anyone has modified the INF to get it to work with Windows 8.1, as they did for the 620/630 video cards.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Nothing less than windows 10 is supported. Upgrade to Windows 10, and avoid all of the problems. If you already have Windows 8.1, you have endured enough pain. Start the healing process and upgrade to Windows 10.

Doc

0 Kudos