Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20649 Discussions

Intel Iris Plus 640 on Intel NUC7i5BNK - problem flickering TV on resolution 4k 60Hz over HDMI

victor89
Beginner

Hi Guys,

I have Intel NUC7i5BNK Windows 10 HOME with Intel Iris Plus 640. While using it with my SONY TV set up with 4k resolution at 60Hz I see the screen is flickering. To be precise the display just going blank for about 1 or 2 seconds. It is happening mostly while playing youtube or opening/closing any window.

When set up 4k at 30Hz problem is not present.

I saw some previous solution with using old drivers for Intel HD graphics 15.45.18.4664 however no longer available and really outdated.

I did all updates of all components, tried many cables and different HDMI ports. Even on Samsung TV nuc is acting the same. At this moment I am almost sure that the graphic driver is problematic.

Is there any solution or is it known issue?

Victor

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MUC
Valued Contributor II

It's probably because the driver automatically tries to set 4K @ 60 Hz RGB. This can be critical for the available HDMI 2.0 video bandwidth (18 Gbps) depending on the cable length.

Please try the following settings as described here:

1. Set "Color Format" to YCBCR_420
2. Set the refresh rate to 60 Hz
3. Set the "Color Depth" to BPC_12

This results in a signal with a bandwidth of 13.37 Gbps.

NUC7i5BNB Technical Product Specification

0 Kudos